Help › Forums

people leaving a game

Sat, Apr 27 2013 6:25 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 2:27 PM

ZioMio:

I wonder if WGT could implement a TIME OUT PENALTY for the player that disconnect/quits without going through the forfeit option.

Any thoughts?

This makes zero sense from a WGT standpoint. Why would they suspend a player from playing their game? 

WGT is a business, stop looking at it from the customers point of view on how to make your multiplayer gameplay better. They will never look at it that way. 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 2:43 PM

BeachedMulligan:
    suspend a player from playing

They are not playing... they are quitting. If they finish playing, there would be no need for a time out.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 2:51 PM

BeachedMulligan:
    This makes zero sense from a WGT standpoint. Why would they suspend a player from playing their game? 

I agree, it makes no sense from their view.

To even allow them to do so would mean a change in coding to ascertain how the player left- i.e. an x out, technical reason etc. And if there is no revenue to be made (only lost) this will never happen. My advice is to simply to play with friends or accept, a disconnect is on the cards. This is why I personally preferred the percentage system rather than the "light system". I think had this been based on say 100 games rather than 30, it would have been a fair and accurate system of games completed. But you can't please everyone all of the time.

• vincent59
    60 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 9:28 PM

i say you get 3 chances if do it the 4th time sideline them for 3 days if the do it again take there rank down no reason to just quit at least do it the right way go to menu

• tara1712
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2013 1:09 AM

if the reason they are quitting is to protect there average then is this not the thing you should be hitting  

• EdArrington
    1 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2013 6:25 PM

I agree. The thing that really gets me upset when they quit, your completion rating can go down if you have to be froze out of the game...you know.....that shouldn't make any difference in everybody elses rating!!

• PAGES
RSS