Forums

Help › Forums

Getting To Know You

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 29 2013 5:13 PM (20 replies)
  • PrincessDebs179
    50 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 9:10 PM

Hey Folks! I'm here to play golf and maybe join a C.C. someday down the road.  I've had 2 of my last 3 guys with playing invites IMMEDIATELY start asking me WAY TOO PERSONAL questions on chat: (What's my phone #? How old am I?) I didn't know this was a dating site!  Not that I wouldn't like to meet Mr. Right--but so far I'm not impressed with "these approaches!"

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 9:00 PM

Welcome to WGT and the Wolves within PrincessDeb!

Don't worry about these guys too much, just laugh it off. Most of them are here for exactly what you describe and have no integrity towards the game at all. Maybe once they reach puberty things will change.

In the meantime, if you find someone being rude and offensive to you in the Game Chat, take some screen shots to email WGT.

members@worldgolftour.com

Once you have a few good screen shots, it is easy to shut these guys up simply by asking - "sorry i dont have enough screen shots, could you repeat what you said?"

Enjoy your game and dont hesitate to ask for any tips or advice within these forums.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:34 PM

welcome!

it's too bad that you met those elements but I bet if you hang around the forums, you will have much better time:)

-wgticon

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:50 PM

+100 to what Shrude said.

These imbeciles are the minority so do not let it put you off playing. As you said, building friends you can play with is a good idea and joining a CC will give you this chance to make more friends.

Just enjoy the game and like Shrude said, any questions just ask........provided it doesn't require phone numbers ;)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:52 PM

Call me Deb...wear something in full canvas...a motif of tanned leather as well...and we'll discuss the issue.

Oh, call me at

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2013 1:06 AM

Just suggest to them that they play solo, like they do most nights.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2013 1:56 AM

courteneyfish:

Just suggest to them that they play solo, like they do most nights.

LMAO - funniest retort I have seen!

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2013 8:02 AM

ask icon said....use the forums more and you'll have a better time.

tbe

• falatio
    27 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2013 8:13 AM

hang with me i know lots of the pervy ones on here lol x

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2013 9:03 AM

PrincessDebs179:

Hey Folks! I'm here to play golf and maybe join a C.C. someday down the road.  I've had 2 of my last 3 guys with playing invites IMMEDIATELY start asking me WAY TOO PERSONAL questions on chat: (What's my phone #? How old am I?) I didn't know this was a dating site!  Not that I wouldn't like to meet Mr. Right--but so far I'm not impressed with "these approaches!"

IMO the answer is in your post. "maybe join a CC someday". Country Clubs solve a lot of the issues. You will know who you are playing, odds are you won't get quitters either. Aside from that get a good friends list & have fun. It's a great game filled with great people, there is however a few that need to be avoided, & they can be blocked.

RSS