Forums

Help › Forums

Game suggestions

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 15 2010 6:09 PM (0 replies)
  • EK4X4
    21 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 6:09 PM

I played the Links game by Microsoft for aprroximately 12-13 years and there are some things that they had that WGT might think about possibly programming in. I believe in the real game of golf, you are allowed to carry a certain amount of clubs in your bag. Some folks do not carry the complete iron set and instead maybe put a hybrid club in their bag. Could that be programmed in ? I realize that you sell iron sets in a group but why can't you allow for an iron to removed from the bag to allow a different club? Sell them as sets but allow the WGT players the option of what they want in their bag for the round.

Also, with Links you had a fade and draw button, which when a course had a dogleg or some crazy wind conditions like St. Andy's, the golfer had the abiltiy to compensate for that condition if they hit the snap or ding as they call it here. Why can't that be programmed into the game? You could set up the fade or draw but if you missed early or late, you would be penalized on how much draw or fade you would get  just as distance and accuracy is penalized by not hitting the mark.. Just some thoughts as I played a round of Links the other day at St. Andys and forgot how much more advantageous it was having these things I mentioned.

RSS