Help › Forums

Third Party Cookies Crap!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 6 2013 7:45 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • maruschak
    572 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 3:21 PM

Here we go again....Moments ago I had amassed 95 views via the video viewing,.....i finished the next video which would have given me 5 more views....then I would redeem the 100 for I believe no less than 70 credits......however instead of the views totaling 100....that "window" pops up with the message..3rd party cookies are required"....and lo anf behold...nopw I'm back to 0 ...(ZERO) views!  ...

Pls explain how my browsers suddenly do NOT except 3rd party cookies????? This has occurred before......this time it took away views denying me 70 credits.....wasting a good hour of my time.....I can tolerate glitches in the system....but now it's getting to the point of being nothing less than THIEVERY!!!! 

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 3:37 PM

The actual showing of the number of views may actually be a part of the cookie your browser is not accepting, usually when this is rectified the problem is fixed, what browser are you using ?

As for the reason, is your cookie cache full if it as a limit?

Have you recently emptied your cookie cache? I know from presonnal experience that when i empty one of them, not sure which, in firefox it resets to the default cookie setting.

• maruschak
    572 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 5:23 PM

I basically am using 2 browsers....Maxthon and Opera.....mainly Maxthon,....and both are set on "accept third party cookies"....I've gotten that message before...months ago.....about "browser needs to accept 3rd party cookies".....but in a day or so....it sort of rectified itself.....I did NOTHING to fix that! But I never had "views taken away" as the case today!

I never emptied the cookie cache....can you tell me how to do that???  Tks a lot!

• maruschak
    572 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 5:46 PM

Hold the phone......been away from the site about 2 1/2 hours........shortly after I made my last post here on this topic, I went back to play.....and I noticed that my 'views" were now in tact,.....before It showed "zero".......now it's back to where it should be,....so there we go again....I did nothing....nad all is normal again....not getting that message about the 3rd party cookies,....weird to say the least,....thank you for your replies!....Jack

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 6:06 PM

nxt time....

have a BIGMAC ATTACK ...

lol..MINE DUZ IT ALL THE TIME... i just close it an come back all is fine... 

peace ... :)_~~

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2013 6:34 PM

maruschak:
    this time it took away views denying me 70 credits.....wasting a good hour of my time

I can only "earn" a maximum of 7 views per day via the carousel - no option of extra views but sometimes get to see a few vids worth between 2-4 credits.

However would I spend an hour of my time clicking away for 70 credits? Simple answer is no - not a good hourly rate even for a third world country IMO.

• maruschak
    572 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2013 8:05 AM

What I do is use two tabs....one to play and the other to earn views by clicking on them......so in effect......I'm gaining views while I play......been lucky for some time now, those videos net "5" views about every minute or so, and I can amass as many as 50 credits during a 9 hole solo game,.....(not to mention an occasional successful survey)....I'm retired, so I do have time to do this.....let me just add that in doing what I do.....every club in my bag has been gotten with free credits.....and I now have in my bag...no less than 70 balls.........Callys as well as as Nikes!....Again,...I DO have the time!

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2013 10:51 AM

+1 ^   My earned credits got me the best equipment, and keeps me in 300 credit per sleeve balls. I play the vids in the background while playing too, so no xtra time involved. So a big thx to wgt, for making this possible, I sure don't have any spare cash for it.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2013 11:44 AM

WillyBigg:
    I play the vids in the background while playing too, so no xtra time involved.

That might not be the best idea. With the videos running in a second window you could be putting more stress on your processor causing some stutters that you might not have otherwise.

• PAGES
RSS