Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 12:42 PM

28 February,

Happy birthday to ...

• Jason Aldean is 37 today 
    • Bubba Smith (NFL Defensive end) - 1945 - 2011.
    • Indy car great, Mario Andretti is 74 today.  

Jason Aldean did a song titled "Big Green Tractor" ... 

... Jason ... if I showed up at your place wearing a new dress and decked to the nines, are you really that dense not to pick up on my "night out" hint?  If you were to ask me that question, you would probably find yourself waking up beside your "big green tractor" wondering two things  ... (1) where's Kat? and (2) how did I wind up lying on the ground next to this farm equipment?  Okay, maybe one more question (since you're dense) ... I wonder what I said to get her so upset?

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 1:31 PM

@ Kat -

Are you trying to tell us that you would not take a ride on his Big Green Tractor underneath the Amarillo Sky?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 4:18 PM

CanineSupervisor:

@ Kat -

Are you trying to tell us that you would not take a ride on his Big Green Tractor underneath the Amarillo Sky?

Now tell me Canine ... if your woman showed up at your place decked out in a brand-new dress with her hair done up ("lookin' too good not to go somewhere"), would you honestly present such a stupid question to her ... I mean really .... ask her to hop on your big green (dusty, greasy, smelly) John Deere after she spent all that time getting made up for a night on the town with you?  

Now, if she were to have shown up in an ol' pair of Wranglers and a tee just to hang out, that would be different ... even sexy.  But the way the song was presented ... just made all those remaining lyrics fall right in the crapper.  I'm still pi$$ed at the guy for even asking such a stupid question.  All I could see was an inbred redneck with an I.Q. 3 points lower than room temperature. 

Big Green Tractor ... had great promise, but the writer needed to present the woman in a different light.  Not decked out for a night on the town.  It just ruined it for me.

For those of you with women that love that song (many do) ... ask them how they would react if they got dressed up for a night out and her man asked her that question.  Me ... he wouldn't have made it to "Amarillo Sky"!!!!!

Now there's one tractor song that I just love ... done by Kenny Chesney.  It's in my mental "top 10":

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 5:12 PM

No need to be so formal. CS will work.

Of course not. I would take her to the finest restaurant in WLA and show her off. Hoping she would consume enough tequila to make her clothes fall off. But, then again, my I.Q. is slightly higher than the temp. in L.A. today and obviously higher than Jason's.

Wranglers and an ol' button down, long-sleeve, slightly rolled up of course, is the dress code at the dog house if/when they come over to take a moonlit ride through the canyon or to just hang out.

If she thinks my tractor is sexy, she can mow my lawn with it,albeit a Deere mower...lol. Just kidding. I try not to become romantically or socially engaged with women that prefer to drive tractors of any sort.

LOL... you caught the Amarillo Sky reference. Yet again, another tractor song.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 5:51 PM

Loved it, Canine.  Thanks for playin' along!

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 3:40 AM

DaddysKat:

28 February,

Happy birthday to ...

• Indy car great, Mario Andretti is 74 today.  

Indy car great?  Don't sell the old man short... 

Mario Gabriele Andretti (born February 28, 1940) is a retired Italian American world champion racing driver, one of the most successful Americans in the history of the sport. He is one of only two drivers to win races in Formula One, IndyCar, World Sportscar Championship and NASCAR (the other being Dan Gurney). He also won races in midget cars, and sprint cars. During his career, Andretti won the 1978 Formula One World Championship, four IndyCar titles (three under USAC-sanctioning, one under CART), and IROC VI. To date, he remains the only driver ever to win the Indianapolis 500 (1969), Daytona 500 (1967) and the Formula One World Championship, and, along with Juan Pablo Montoya, the only driver to have won a race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Formula One, and an Indianapolis 500. No American has won a Formula One race since Andretti's victory at the 1978 Dutch Grand Prix. Andretti had 109 career wins on major circuits.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 4:32 AM

March 1st

Me!!  haha

hmmm the big 4 0

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 7:52 AM

DarkenRahl:
    Don't sell the old man short... 

Thanks, for the comments Darken.  You sound like a true race car enthusiast.  

Me ... I recognized the name and reported the news.  The question I have for you is ... before reading this, were you aware that 28 Feb was Mario Andretti's birthday?

And to everyone else .... if you've got some facts to share (like Darken), feel free to post a comment!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 7:54 AM

March 1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to WGT Super player Mr. jsweetcr who, just yesterday, was 39 and holdin'

1445 - Sandro Botticelli, Florintine Renassance Painter

1494 - Il Bacchiacca, Italian Painter

1610 - John Pell, English Math guy who produced  ax2+1=y2

1630 - Ferdinand de Jongere, Flemish Painter 

1842 - Nicholaus Gysis, Greek Painter

1848 - Augustus Saint-Gaudens, My Fav, for personal reasons...designed the 1907 $20 gold piece, along with the one produced by the US Mint in 1920 and the 2009 copy. I love gold!

1863 - Alexander Golovin, Aurtria/Hungary Painter

1886 - Oskar Kokoschka, Painter

1904 - Glenn Miller

1910 - David Niven

1917 - Dinah Shore

1969 - Javier Bardem, Simply awesome

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 8:26 AM

SweetiePie:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to WGT Super player Mr. jsweetcr who, just yesterday, was 39 and holdin'

LMAO!!  especially the super player part

RSS