Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 4:38 PM

SweetiePie:

That was a beauty Kat...with back-up from "Satchmo"

I so love Jazz ... and Louis Armstrong is one of the finest!  Cal State Long Beach has a jazz station on FM Radio ... they get around 80% of my drive-time attention!  Not real big on the Kenny G hour ... but for those that love the sax, Kenny G is simply a hack on the soprano.  Just my opinion.  Dave Koz runs circles around him on any horn, including the Sop.  So does Mindy Abair and Candy Dulfer.  Hot gals on the alto!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 8:09 AM

March 25

1133 - Henry II, King of England

1345 - Blanche of Lancaster, wife of John Gaunt

1347 - Catherine of Siena, Saint

1541 - Francesco I de Medici, Grand Duke of Tuscany

1782 - Caroline Bonaparte, Queen of Naples

1867 - Arturo Toscanini

1881 - Bela Bartok

1899 - Burt Munro, New Zealand motorcycle racer...there is a really cool movie about him that stars Sir Anthony Hopkins titled "The Fastest Indian", Indian being his bike of choice...watch it, you'll love it.

and

In 1306, Robert the Bruce was crowned the King of Scots

In 1634, English colonists sent by Lord Baltimore arrived in present-day Maryland

In 1776, General George Washington, commander of the Continental Army, was awarded the first Congressional Gold Medal by the Continental Congress

and please see Kat's entry today, should be a dandy

and read the forum "the good old days" because they were

Go Low!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 10:56 AM

Very nice of you to leave me with such a gem, SP!  I hope I can do it justice.

25 March ...

Notables:

• My uncle David is 67 today.
    • Singer/Songwriter Reginald Kenneth Dwight (see more below) is also 67
    • Singer Aretha Franklin is 72
    • Racecar driver Danica Patrick is 32
    • Singer Katharine Mcphee is 30
    • Sportscaster Howard Cosell (1918 - 1995)
    • Model Anita Bryant is 74.

Actresses:

• Sarah Jessica Parker is 49
    • Aly Michalka is 25
    • Ryan Simpkins is 16

As promised, a bit more about Reginald Kenneth Dwight ...

First off, he isn't known by the name given to him at birth ... like Henry John Deutschendorf, Jr, Reginald changed his name in an effort to sell more records ... and he did.  To date, this artist has sold over 300 million records.  He holds more than 50 top 40 hits, including 7 consecutive #1 albums in the United States.  He received knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II in 1998 for "services to music and charitable services".  I'm sure many of you have at least one of his songs in your own "favorite tunes" list ... yet you probably never knew he changed his name.

Here's one of my favorites ... I hope you enjoy ... his tribute to Norma Jeane

and for extra credit ... Who's Henry John Deutschendorf Jr???

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 11:29 AM

Without looking, ...looking stupid most likely I am...say something special to Uncle D for Me

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 12:56 PM

SweetiePie:

Without looking, ...looking stupid most likely I am...say something special to Uncle D for Me

Will do, SP!  

By the way ... got a guess to my trivia question at the end?  Anyone?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 3:41 PM

I knew right of the bat..I deleted the answer which is JD...anyone?...anyone?...anyone home? hello?...HELLO? c'mon all you history lovers you can do it. Kat, are we popular or what?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:56 PM

SweetiePie:

I knew right of the bat..I deleted the answer which is JD...anyone?...anyone?...anyone home? hello?...HELLO? c'mon all you history lovers you can do it. Kat, are we popular or what?

It's not us SP ... it's just no one that plays on WGT likes Elton John ... and I thought he was loved world over.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 26 2014 6:20 AM

DaddysKat:

It's not us SP ... it's just no one that plays on WGT likes Elton John ... and I thought he was loved world over.

Could be...I hear he does love to go "round the world" so to speak...

March 26    Slim pickings

603 - Pacal II, ruler of the Maya polity of Palenque

1874 - Robert Frost

1880 - Duncan Hines

and in 1812 an earthquake devastated Caracas, Venezula killing 26,000

And a question ? What is the name of the noted banjo wizard who was accused of having the largest tallywacker south of the Mason-Dixon?

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Wed, Mar 26 2014 6:43 AM

SweetiePie:
    banjo wizard who was accused of having the largest tallywacker

For those of us not living your side of the pond, any hints on what the £($* "tallywacer" is??

Thomas

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Mar 26 2014 6:49 AM

newcastleb:

For those of us not living your side of the pond, any hints on what the £($* "tallywacer" is??

Thomas

John Thomas

Tackle

Meat and two veg

etc.

RSS