Help › Forums

harder to hit ding

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 18 2014 2:36 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • m40red
    17 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 2:27 PM

hi. at any stage between master and tour master does the ding become harder to hit? I wouldn't have thought so but it definitely has become harder to hit for me over the last few weeks. something just doesn't feel right when trying to stop it on the ding. im so far off it most times either side. it feels pure luck even if I get very close to hitting the ding. something is definitely different about it. if I knew that it was meant to get harder I could accept it but it feels like its spoiling the game for me. just wondered if anyone else had noticed the same problem. thanks.

• EdJaws
    402 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 3:07 PM

I don't think it's meant to get harder to hit the ding when you tier up.

As a consolation to you, I sometimes find the ding harder to hit during the course of a round but I know it's just me and not anything causing it. ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,339 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 3:47 PM

Does the meter not stop when you click m40red?

• m40red
    17 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2014 5:20 PM

hey thanks for replys. yea the meter stops but  from about 4-5 weeks ago the timing seems so different when trying to stop it on the ding. i know it sounds like im just missing it but i promise you it feels different. this is on every shot. i can live with it. its not effecting me massively but i am missing the ding by miles on a few shots. oh well, nevermind.

• ScottHope
    10,339 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 3:44 PM

Have you tried another browser?

• m40red
    17 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 12:57 PM

i noticed it first when i was using chrome, which i dont normally use although the only problem i have when using chrome is the space bar. ive been using internet explorer for a while with no problems. shorly after noticing it on chrome i started to notice it on interenet explorer. then i tried bing. that felt ok again at first but then it started happening on there. for me, something definitely feels different when trying to stop it on the ding but its now been like this for about 2 months and i think im getting used to the way it is now so its not too bad.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 2:50 PM

m40red:
    just wondered if anyone else had noticed the same problem.

Yes. Every now and again some change, especially to Flash will be at odds with my graphics card. Simply getting the most recent drivers has worked for me in the past. The first time was when I first got this machine. The drivers were very far out of date for the more recent apps. So when I noticed the bug again a few weeks ago, I got the latest, and all was good. 

• jzepol
    28 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2014 8:51 AM

I have recently tiered up to tour master and have found hitting the ding on my putts seems to have changed.when 1st starting this game,i used a metronome to get my timing down.i broke it out again and found the meter to be about  1/8th beat faster.

• Wigglesw
    16 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 12:48 AM

No.

This is a problem I have had since turning master.The meter travels on after I have clicked. I change the mouse several times and made sure my finger was not slipping but there was no improvement. Eventually, I could see that the meter kept traveling after I had clicked and the ball goes way off left or right. It is an erratic problem  - if it was me then I would not be so surprised by it because you know when you get it wrong.  I have no idea what causes this and whether it will stop - if not I do not see how I will be able to improve my scores. 

Ïf there is an up side it is that you play a lot more bunker shoots, chips and pitches! 

Has anyone noticed that the problem went away and any idea why?

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 10:51 AM

Wigglesw, that situation is usually caused by the Flash Player version you are using.

If you are using the Chrome browser -  After uploading the current Flash Player version from the Flash Player web site be sure you disable the PepperFlash version.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\34.0.1847.116\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect

• PAGES
RSS