Help › Forums

Lazy connection in the game!?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 27 2014 11:15 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • faster57
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 23 2014 12:25 PM

Why ist so lazy in game betvin us and swe!?

I have a very fast internet. Maybe its Putin crashing the world for golfers?

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sun, Mar 23 2014 7:21 PM

No, it's WGT although they'll never admit it.

For some never explained reason, WGT doesn't need a fast connection speed but it does require a VERY constant speed, if your connection drops in speed even for only a second WGT freezes, if it drops for more then 3 seconds and you're in a game it boots you out.

Due to my location I get this ALL the time, often the forum will take 30 seconds to load and I get on average 1 disconnection every 9 hole game and about 3 for an 18 hole game. That's why I only play solo games.

• johnrg
    215 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 3:05 AM

You should be so lucky. Some evenings are a nightmare. The home pages are fine but once I had pressed "Play now" it took an hour to load Whistler and over two and a half hours to get through the tournament!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Mar 26 2014 1:21 AM

Chinajohn:
    Due to my location I get this ALL the time, often the forum will take 30 seconds to load and I get on average 1 disconnection every 9 hole game and about 3 for an 18 hole game. That's why I only play solo games.

John, I can understand what you are saying. I am staying in a good hotel in Guangzhou (have stayed here many times) and  supposedly  has "world class internet". Well loading time is so slow, I could have a shower, make a coffee and participate in Tai Chi in Haizhu Square before the game loads. 

I manage to get 1 hole in. no more patience than that. 

Even the forum is slow to load. 

I take my hat off to you sir for your patience!

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Wed, Mar 26 2014 5:23 AM

alanti:

Chinajohn:

John, I can understand what you are saying. I am staying in a good hotel in Guangzhou (have stayed here many times) and  supposedly  has "world class internet". Well loading time is so slow, I could have a shower, make a coffee and participate in Tai Chi in Haizhu Square before the game loads. 

I manage to get 1 hole in. no more patience than that. 

Even the forum is slow to load. 

I take my hat off to you sir for your patience!

And the old company line that the spinners here at WGT keep telling us is, " have you tried clearing cache and cookies? "  When I pre-set my browser to auto clear every time I close pages, it does what it's supposed to do, so as far as I'm concerned that's just easiest answer that they can come up with to duck their own issues.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 26 2014 5:42 AM

cdefghi:
    When I pre-set my browser to auto clear every time I close pages

Bad move. There's no reason to clear out cache files routinely like that because all you're doing is forcing an asset load every time you reopen the game. This increases the load time and sets you up for loading errors if the ISP is balky or WGT is in one of its moods.

@Johnrg-If you choose to hit that Play Now button to play, make sure you close the main window. Activity on the main site will affect your game which opens in a new window. You're playing away while all the main page stuff is going on in the background and this gets in the way of the game.  :-)

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Wed, Mar 26 2014 6:13 AM

As always Jim ( handshake emoticon*) you're knowledge of the workings here at WGT is always appreciated and your opinion respected.  The problem I get if I don't preset the browser to clear c+c,  stems (IMO) from the amount of ads and offers I do to make this game a no cost item for me. I've yet to spend a dime in my 15 months here and if at all possible, don't intend to.  When I wasn't preset to auto clear the issues were constantly creeping up but now, for the most part this game is fun and playable. Not to knock myself over patting myself on my back,  my stroke avg. is a microcosim of my PC performance overall.

As I type this I'm waiting for a tech from Verizon to arrive this AM and replace my older router with a newer version that's supposed to maximize my flash capabilities, with the new faster Quantuam version we upgraded to recently. I'll run this and a few other issues by him and see what a pro thinks.  His knowledge of the workings here at WGT are prolly not as vast and informed as yours so if there's a response from him that coincides with what you've just mentioned I'll defer to your suggestions and switch to manual clear.

BOL, shoot low, and keep the faith---- Peace Ed

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 26 2014 6:45 AM

Just sharing what works for me, Ed. I'm always impressed by players that get to your level without spending a dime. Good on you. You could be right about the number of advertisers clogging up your cache but that would only apply if you allow them to store stuff on your computer. You can deny this in the cookie handling.

Adblock has always done a great job for me, too. I haven't seen an ad in years and only clear my cache once in a great while. Hope that new router doesn't burn your eyeballs with the speed.  ;-)

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Wed, Mar 26 2014 3:58 PM

For about two weeks. I have had slow loading. So after being ticked  off. For so long.

I went through all my connections from the back of the PC, To the connection off the pole.

(Cable by the way. Not phone) But this may work for all.

I replaced everything. Back to super speed again..

Nav..

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Wed, Mar 26 2014 7:22 PM

I am not computer literate what so ever - I am happy when only media5.wgt shows up on my cookies. I clean my cache regularly before playing but lately I have had a problem adding friends. when I add a friend in the usual manner they show up as pics on my profile but not in my friends list in the game screen. they can invite me to play but something happens to prevent the game from happening. this may be a co-incidence but I'm not convinced. I have reported this to WGT as I think this is some kind of bug.  has any one else experienced this ? Is this a virus ? can anyone help !!! just trying to have fun.

• PAGES
RSS