Lazy connection in the game!?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 27 2014 11:15 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 2:21 AM
    bypass07:

I am not computer literate what so ever - I am happy when only media5.wgt shows up on my cookies. I clean my cache regularly before playing but lately I have had a problem adding friends. when I add a friend in the usual manner they show up as pics on my profile but not in my friends list in the game screen. they can invite me to play but something happens to prevent the game from happening. this may be a co-incidence but I'm not convinced. I have reported this to WGT as I think this is some kind of bug.  has any one else experienced this ? Is this a virus ? can anyone help !!! just trying to have fun.

If you remove a few friends until you get below 255 it will all work properly.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 5:55 AM

bypass07:
    when I add a friend in the usual manner they show up as pics on my profile but not in my friends list in the game screen. they can invite me to play but something happens to prevent the game from happening. this may be a co-incidence but I'm not convinced

To expound on what Courteney said, when you have more than 255 friends on your list, the ones added after 255 get this treatment. It's not WGT saying you can't have more friends than that, it's just a bug in the system. 256 is an important number to a computer and the friends list suffers because of it.

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 9:33 AM

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't pointing fingers but was more concerned about a virus or something. after I remove some friends do I need to re-friend these people ?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 9:40 AM

bypass07:

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't pointing fingers but was more concerned about a virus or something. after I remove some friends do I need to re-friend these people ?

The key is getting the total number of friends under 256. Just go to your profile and delete friends you no longer play with. As soon as you get under 256 the problem goes away.

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 9:07 PM

Thanks again.

• laylaroz920
    209 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 11:15 PM

every game that goes into extra holes i get booted by wgt and lose without hitting a shot.....can`t get back in the game   very frustrating

• PAGES
RSS