Forums

Help › Forums

Our Virtual Golf World

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 5 2010 12:29 AM (21 replies)
  • arnie
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2009 1:17 AM

i agree.games like Links are getting old and stale TW is too cartoonish for me.

for a free game this is terrific and although i haven't played this in awhile, i'm very happy to be back.

looking forward to the game powering on and getting better and better.

• nwharley
    119 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2009 10:13 AM

I  have played a lot of different golf games tiger woods way to easy and graphics are poor. way back there was pga 99 was a ladder type lots of fun, WGT is the best of the best. graphics are awsome and is a challanging.can't wait till the full version is done. A++++++ guys

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 6:45 PM

I came across this thread again while browsing the past forum posts. With all the negativity flying around  I thought  this would be a nice one to revisit.  The op's point is as relevant today as is was back then.......

Still well said Doug

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:07 PM

Hi drivnchaos

Thanks for revisiting it - was quite surprised to see that old post again. It wasnt bad was it  lol.

Yeh I get the virtual sh--s, when I read all the rubbish thats posted about WGT.

They are in a bit of a no win situ really. By the very nature of this game, the big course updates are very time consuming and slow to put out.

However - PATIENCE - is the key. So - lets stick with them.  Anyway - I am far from mastering Kiawah or BPB yet - so its back to the practice fairways for me. 

St Andrews - yeh, its out there somewhere.

Till then stay cool.

Cheers Doug

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:30 PM

Nice post, best post I've seen from a dork in a long time ;)

Well said sir.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:51 PM

how much they paying you? :)

good post

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:56 PM

Well said, we all have our gripes, but all and all, this game is fantastic.  As for patience, my philosophy is do it right the first time with minimal issues.  Secondly, that is what were here for, to point out the anomalies, and to make the game a success.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 9:17 PM

Yep warts and all its still the best available, well said indeed.

One thing people really need to remember is who is behind this and who is WGT, I mean obviously very few have pockets as deep as EA, so yeah we all need to TRY (LOL not always easy) to be patient with the process that is putting something like this together.  Can't be easy or cheap. 

Cheers

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 7:45 PM

Hi werksux

"Nice post, best post I've seen from a dork in a long time ;) " ha ha, very funny lol. The names not my fault - thats my kids for you.

Prior to ever having heard of WGT, my kids always called me a "Dork" kind of a loving term :-)

Anyway - the next thing I know, I get an email telling me that they registered me with WGT under the name "Dorkfeatures" - well, little did they know what they were letting me in for !! 20 months later, and now a Master - but still a long way to go.

This is a very special game, so I think we all need to hang in with WGT and support them as best we can. St Andrews is not far away I dont think - so hang in.

Cya's on the course.

Cheers Doug

• swdeva
    238 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2010 12:20 PM

Hi,

I just want to say, I agree with your post dorkfeatures. This is a great online golf game, and looking foreward to making this a even better golf game.

Thank you WGT!

RSS