Forums

Help › Forums

clapping

Wed, Apr 2 2014 7:24 PM (37 replies)
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 8:23 AM

alanti:
    Yes many requests over the years for this feature, and it is true WGT or any company will NOT please everyone.

Jumpin Jehosephats.  Could they at least supply an OFF/ ON switch?

• slmpickins
    65 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 8:25 AM

Canned clapping is about as ridiculous as canned laughter. Give us an option to turn the damned thing off! 

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 9:09 AM

I have to play with the sound off now also.. Next to be turned off is the game.

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 9:32 AM

The consensus here I believe is to have the ability to turn off the clapping as we can with our other ambient sounds. My bet is if you asked WGT if it was possible to consider that, they will. Some of you are asking to get rid of it all together which isn't taking into consideration the ones who like it. 

So  WGT  is this possible??

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 10:04 AM

alanti:

I think it is surprising they introduced this without have it as an option however.

Personally I will never hear it (nor have I heard the other controversial sounds such as birds etc as I have all sound muted.

x2

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 7:32 PM

Maybe we should be glad they didn't add an idiot yelling out "You da man!" or "Get in the hole" on the tee shots.

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 8:35 PM

pearljammmmer:

Maybe we should be glad they didn't add an idiot yelling out "You da man!" or "Get in the hole" on the tee shots.

Next update ?

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 9:14 PM

Umm.

Anyone out there have the speed boost* going?

*sometimes known as the Benny Hill

If so, does it get rid of the annoyance? 

• HMBGolf
    3 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 9:23 PM

Funny I would cringe if they added U Da man.. Give me a flight bag. That said.. you either like it or hate it. For all who hate it I know the perfect solution... just don't make any birdies.   The clap is cheesy, but just another thing to get under our WGT skin. 

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 11:51 PM

I'm surprised they linked the clapping volume to the club sound volume.  I would have thought this is more an ambient sound, maybe it could be linked to that in a future update?

I liked it the first few times I heard it but it does get pretty old pretty quickly.  

I'd be all in favour of booing, laughing and jeering at bad shots too, it would make alt shot games even more fun.  As long as the volume was independent of the club sound of course.

RSS