Forums

Help › Forums

Uneven Lies Tournaments?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 1 2014 4:34 PM (6 replies)
  • slipperhero
    18 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 10:01 AM

What happened to the uneven lies Ready-Go tournaments? There used to be about 2 to three active tournaments on the list, one 18-hole one for TLs and two open tiered ones, a 9- and 18-holer respectively, but they've disappeared from the list. The unlimited play weekly tournament is gone, too. Are there plans to bring them back, and if so, when can we expect them?

It would be a shame if WGT stepped back from the uneven-lies feature--it enriches WGT and makes for a truer golf test--you have to make "par" and earn your birdies--that rewards good play and makes mistakes costly. Bring them back already! :)

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 11:08 AM

slipperhero:

What happened to the uneven lies Ready-Go tournaments? There used to be about 2 to three active tournaments on the list, one 18-hole one for TLs and two open tiered ones, a 9- and 18-holer respectively, but they've disappeared from the list. The unlimited play weekly tournament is gone, too. Are there plans to bring them back, and if so, when can we expect them?

It would be a shame if WGT stepped back from the uneven-lies feature--it enriches WGT and makes for a truer golf test--you have to make "par" and earn your birdies--that rewards good play and makes mistakes costly. Bring them back already! :)

+1

I know UL players are in the minority here,  but to get rid of the UL RG's completely ?

Also how about increasing the prizes for the free weekly tournaments, WGT.?  You may be surprised by the increase in interest and I'm sure the prize fund would be off set by ball sales (due to losing so many ).

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 3:55 PM

+1

If you make them, they'll get played.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 7:45 PM

+1    please create some UEL RG's. 50cr and 100cr 9 hole RG's plus 100cr and 200cr 18 hole RG's are my preference.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 12:05 PM

+1 ... just want to add my voice to the calls for the return of the UEL RGs.

In the prior rotation we had a great mix of them (albeit missing a 50cr 9 hole version, which would definitely be attractive to newbies to UEL):

Way back, in The new RG list thread, I posted this suggestion for trying to keep a range of UEL RGs in the mix:

Corwyn:
    Here are some suggestions for Uneven Lies ReadyGo's...

With Unevens, why not an ongoing range of 4 types such as:

The Old Man Par challenge :: 50 cr :: 9 holes at Olympic, Oakmont, or RSG (among the toughest of courses for unevens)

The Newbie challenge :: 100-200 cr :: for those keen to try uneven lies but wanting to do it on a course they know well (so how about making those as 18 holers on what seem to be the most popular 2 courses: St Andrews & Kiawah) [for instance, the St A's version filled quickly enough at 100 cr back in the early summer)

The Test Your Mettle challenge :: 200-300 cr :: full 18 at one of the tougher courses, Olympic, Royal St. George's, Oakmont, or Best of Hardest for example, or even the more technical challenge of Congressional.

A Higher-Stakes Cognoscenti challenge :: 300-500 cr :: for the real addicts: a full 18 on one of Merion, Cabo, Whistler, for instance, or Olympic or Oakmont if they're not in play in one of the other iterations.

Here's hoping their return is one of the things that might happen with tonight's additional update/maintenance.
    Thanks, Corwyn
  • slipperhero
    18 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 2:08 PM

Thanks for your +1's — please keep them coming if you're an uneven-lies player.

Now I just wonder if we'll get an official-esque response from WGTIcon or another moderator about WGT's intentions for uneven lies.

Cheers,

slip

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 4:34 PM

+1 for you RG players that want the UEL Tourneys to be a regular feature. I usually go off about the UEL being treated like a second rate feature and we UEL players being treated like lepers..... but I'm not going to do that.

"Cognoscenti" ........ very nice.  :)))

RSS