Forums

Help › Forums

auto putting distance control

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 1 2014 7:36 PM (3 replies)
  • IntPkg55
    2 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 8:17 PM

Could you please at leasr give an option for the auto putting distance to be removed.

Not sure why I am 20 yds away and the distance goes to 150.

Please remove or give option.

Thank you.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 5:45 PM
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 6:40 PM

IntPkg55:

Could you please at leasr give an option for the auto putting distance to be removed.

Thank you.

If it's removed you'd have to select the meter distance every time so just do that now. No matter what the caddie selects, go through the motions to select the settings for yourself so it's always right. Then only you can be wrong. ;)

• commonguymd
    303 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 7:36 PM

CerinoDevoti:

IntPkg55:

Thank you.

If it's removed you'd have to select the meter distance every time so just do that now. No matter what the caddie selects, go through the motions to select the settings for yourself so it's always right. Then only you can be wrong. ;)

What's the old adage?  22 times to create a new habit.  I think age has something to do with it taking me 12000 times to attempt to create this new habit. I have to set the meter because I like using a longer one to make the the travel before 'dinging' shorter.  Invariably I skip this particular step once or twice a round.  I kick myself every time and the only thing I have to show for it is a lot of bruising.  Even the post it note I put up while I play that says "CHECK YOUR METER" gets overlooked here and there for some odd reason. It's in clear bold printed letters that grabs attention, well attention from everyone but me, the intended target. 

It's a good habit to get in though and good advice.  Some of us just have to fight through this short term senility a bit longer than 22 times to ingrain the new habit.

RSS