Help › Forums

What if ?? V.E.M. was disabled?

Tue, Apr 15 2014 1:05 PM (60 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 5:11 AM

Dubfore:

You are a sad little think your smart lying little b******d

Wrong again, I am 6'2" and I have no need to lie.

The word you were trying to use has 7 letters in it, not 8. Oh and please learn how to construct a sentence before trying to take me on.

Now we can add stupid and foul mouthed to racist. Quite a C.V. you have.

Have a nice day, cupcake.

• 0000rb3
    270 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 5:42 AM

josephk2317:

the virtual equipment being manipulated through the user's interaction with an associated representation;
    determining a change in a user's skill level for interaction with the virtual equipment in response to the received user input; and
    adapting a virtual equipment model having one or more variables associated with the virtual equipment to reflect the determined change in user skill level, the virtual equipment model governing how the virtual equipment behaves in response to the user's interaction with the representation

So, it sounds like VEM is real...but we can change it. By changing it, for the better, the game does become more difficult and require more precise shots. The thing to take from this, I think, is that although VEM exists...we are responsible for it and can change it with practice and better play.

For me, it's not missing the putts inside of 5ft. I under countered a 3ft birdie putt on Merion this morning (wasn't paying attention and took it for granted that I was going to make it), next hole I had a 4ft birdie putt and over countered it...brain backlash from previous hole. The rest of the round was a disaster...shots off the mark, going long when hit light to stay below hole, and short when given extra power.

I think that you have two chances in a round to "mess up"...after that the VEM kicks in and you are destined to shoot, at best, the kind of round that you normally shoot on that course. If you don't "mess up" twice, then the round is yours to crush.

Long and short of it....It's all on us.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 6:01 AM

0000rb3:
    If you don't "mess up" twice, then the round is yours to crush.

VEM doesn't kick in due to bad shots triggering it. It's there when you play well over a number of rounds.

• Dubfore
    4,350 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 6:15 AM

PaulTon:

0000rb3:
    If you don't "mess up" twice, then the round is yours to crush.

VEM doesn't kick in due to bad shots triggering it. It's there when you play well over a number of rounds.

You actually counted the asterisks so as to make a point and get a  score in your feeble little mind.  I notice that you didn't copy/quote the racism you accused me of?

You lost that one, no proof, because I'm not a racist.  That accusation is even funnier when I think of the three years I spent in an anti-racist organisation.

PaulTon:
    stupid and foul mouthed to racist.

You're a lying tall b*****d.  How's that?  You're a waste of time and space.  

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 6:37 AM

Dubfore:

You actually counted the asterisks so as to make a point and get a  score in your feeble little mind.

YES I counted all the way up to six

I notice that you didn't copy/quote the racism you accused me of?

Correct I removed your inane racist comment from my wall, decent human beings may have read it and been offended. The funniest thing about your comment is the fact I'm half Irish.

You lost that one, no proof, because I'm not a racist.  That accusation is even funnier when I think of the three years I spent in an anti-racist organisation.

Pity you didn't learn from the experience.

PaulTon:
    stupid and foul mouthed to racist.

You're a lying tall b*****d.  How's that?

1 from 3, not great.

You're a waste of time and space.  

No, you are wasting your own time attempting to argue with me. I enjoy it.

• Dubfore
    4,350 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 7:07 AM

Aww, your consideration for others is so thoughtful.

I'm not surprised you enjoy it, trolling, is that what it's called?  As I said, sad.  

Why don't you cop yourself on and go play some golf?

Bye bye Paul.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 7:34 AM

If VEM was disabled we'd get exactly the same results every time so i don't think it's a good thing disabling it.

I remember playing a game on my sega mastersystem when i was a kid. Can't remember what it was called or what course it was i was playing, but i could get a hole in one on all 4 of the par 3's pretty much every time i played it. You just had to remember the right amount of spin and where to click on the meter. I knew if it was going in before i'd struck the ball just by hitting it in the right spot.

So if VEM was disabled that's exactly what we'd have here now.

• GaryKoop
    149 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 8:10 AM

YankeeJim:

there's stuff out there that can do that for you. LOL, basically disaster.  ;-)

Really?

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:07 AM

DAZZA501:

If VEM was disabled we'd get exactly the same results every time so i don't think it's a good thing disabling it.

I remember playing a game on my sega mastersystem when i was a kid. Can't remember what it was called or what course it was i was playing, but i could get a hole in one on all 4 of the par 3's pretty much every time i played it. You just had to remember the right amount of spin and where to click on the meter. I knew if it was going in before i'd struck the ball just by hitting it in the right spot.

So if VEM was disabled that's exactly what we'd have here now.

Sort of my whole argument  with the swing meter.

Make it based on having an active swiping area within the game window, you click/hold - swipe - release... very very hard to hit the exact same spot every time. because it's not based on a linear/progress based type of 3-state meter, 'auto dinging' would not work.

Something like Perfect Meter would not work. 

• sweetspott
    26,443 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 12:52 PM

VEM9000, Come out come out wherever you are!  I would like to hear your opinion.

RSS