Forums

Help › Forums

equipment meter speed?'s

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 17 2014 11:38 AM (4 replies)
  • RockNDoctor
    24 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 2:12 PM

1)  Is the meter speed of 2 different pieces of equipment with one saying it's meter speed is 4.0 and the other says 2.5 which piece has the slower meter speed the one that says 4.0 or the one that say 2.5? 

2)  if the club your chose to hit your shot says 4.5 and the ball that is in play ways 3.5 which one has the control the club or the ball for the meter speed?

I ask these questions because I'm thinking the higher the reading on the item indicates to me that it is slower than a lower meter speed reading.  Is this the correct way to read the speed meter. 

Respectfully submitted,

RockNDoctor

• ScottHope
    10,338 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 12:44 AM

RockNDoctor:
    1)  Is the meter speed of 2 different pieces of equipment with one saying it's meter speed is 4.0 and the other says 2.5 which piece has the slower meter speed the one that says 4.0 or the one that say 2.5?
    The one that says 4.0 is slower.
    RockNDoctor:
    2)  if the club your chose to hit your shot says 4.5 and the ball that is in play ways 3.5 which one has the control the club or the ball for the meter speed?
    The ball meter speed acts like a restrictor on the meter, the higher the ball meter speed, the more it slows the meter down of the club you are using.
    RockNDoctor:
    I ask these questions because I'm thinking the higher the reading on the item indicates to me that it is slower than a lower meter speed reading.  Is this the correct way to read the speed meter. Respectfully submitted, RockNDoctor
    You are correct in your assumption.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 2:40 AM

I think about like this- my clubs with a starter ball is my set meter speed, then I can slow that further by purchasing balls that have that capability.

It is a good idea to find a ball you like that suits your clubs and game then stick with it. If you do that you can then easier learn each clubs distance and behaviour. A lot of players keep notes for each club and its results ( including using different levels of spin on ball).Doing that then brings some consistency and certainly helps a great deal in taking the frustration out of learning the other aspects of the game.

Edit, thx Scott.

• ScottHope
    10,338 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 5:26 AM

PaulTon:
    ~then I can slow that further by using high feel balls.
    Balls don't have a 'feel' attribute anymore Paul. I know what you mean but newer players might not.

↑↑  EDIT : Cheers Paul.  ↑↑

• RockNDoctor
    24 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 11:38 AM

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response to my speed meter questions.  I have a ball that I like and use now which is the best ball I can use for my level.  Your answers helped just as much as Scotts answers. 

RockNDoctor

RSS