Forums

Help › Forums

Ball choice

Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:06 PM (27 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:49 AM

This is the second thread I've seen in the last couple of weeks relating to this subject and it won't be the last....lol

I think Wgt follows the real Rules of Golf to the best of their ability and they are doing a great job doing so.

The golf ball rule is one of them....  The Golf pro's are not allowed to use a different type of ball during a game. 

Same rule applies to this game..  we run out of the ball we are using and Wgt lets us use the free game ball so we can finish the game or keep on playing. We all get prompted by Wgt if you want to purchase another pack, if we want to....sometimes we can't afford em, so we say no, but we have heaps of other golf balls in the bag.

I made a huge mistake quite awhile ago...  My last ball went into the drink...so free ball I got to play the rest of comp...big mistake cause I had heaps of others I could have been playing with.  Never made that mistake again

This is the best online golf game and I enjoy playing it...  Yep  I hate it sometimes, but I always come back in the next 10mins...lol. We all have to follow the same rules.

This is not Real Golf...  It's a Game and I really enjoy playing it.  I know Wgt is a business, but I don't care...  I still keep on playing

No offence to the OP, good question to ask.

-Roger

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:57 AM

Whether by design or coincidence or whatever it follows USGA.  Practice mode only, as said in many threads why not for those that care.  Latter not a big one personally, but I don't disagree with some good point's concerning practice mode.

See here.  A solid good rule, same for all and very clear why. Very clear indeed!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 2:54 AM

mantis0014:

I think Wgt follows the real Rules of Golf to the best of their ability and they are doing a great job doing so.

[...]

This is the best online golf game and I enjoy playing it...  Yep  I hate it sometimes, but I always come back in the next 10mins...lol. We all have to follow the same rules.

This is not Real Golf...  It's a Game and I really enjoy playing it.  I know Wgt is a business, but I don't care...  I still keep on playing

+10 to this cutout - good to balance my writings here.

• MrSCicero
    154 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:56 AM

The problem with this is when you equip your bag you can not see how much life is left on the ball you are equipping until you start the game,Maybe if you could see the amount of life left in a ball while equipping you might just choose another ball.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:35 PM

Did you know some people make note how much life a ball has left at the end of the last round they play each day. Some people even keep note of how much each make/model ball in their inventory has left.

Without looking I know that the ball that is currently in my bag is ball #2 of 3 and has about 1/2 of it's life left. In other words I have 1.5 of that make/model of ball remaining.

Are people today so bereft of self reliance that they have to rely on WGT for a function so basic and simple?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:51 PM

Good for you, and very concious and responsible! I like it!

I for one do not care for a single ball any more. Since I've settled for the ball I want to afford and play, the only thing to care for is the sign "buy me!". I click "Yes!" and the game continues.

Sometimes, I play another ball and "Yes!" the number is updated. Decision time, and back to normal.

Sorry to say, and I hope it's not too bigheaded: Why care for a single ball? Is that the essence of the game?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 5:50 PM

alosso:
    I for one do not care for a single ball any more. Since I've settled for the ball I want to afford and play, the only thing to care for is the sign "buy me!". I click "Yes!" and the game continues.

This is what I do now aswell,  but I do realise for most it's hard to do without having credits in the bank, which leads into the following......

MrSCicero:

The problem with this is when you equip your bag you can not see how much life is left on the ball you are equipping until you start the game,Maybe if you could see the amount of life left in a ball while equipping you might just choose another ball.

This is not a bad idea.  

I only use one type of ball, but have a bucket load of other different type of golf balls in the bag ( I have to be careful what I'm typing, so it doesn't sound too rude...lol) and if we can see how much life is left in them would be good.

-Roger

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:06 PM

As a free user's workaround, we can always start a random single player game, look at the ball status and quit it without a shot. Or, post a note to ourselves at the end of a game...

RSS