Forums

Help › Forums

latest update ridiculous

Fri, Oct 29 2010 5:49 PM (120 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 8:28 AM

Faterson:
    But there's no current "roadmap list"... Maybe WGT just keep improvising at this point, without having any well-defined plans.

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Like I said before, the shop-shaping and stance-controls have been on the Roadmap virtually since the games inception. And what happen to the up/down/side hill lies, it isn't even on the Roadmap anymore. I don't know, I'm just going with the flow for now.

On a positive note, I cleared my caches this morning and the site is remarkably fast, as well as game loading.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 8:29 AM

GooseFrabba:

All this yelling at my F'ed up swing meter is making me really thirsty...anyone know where i can get a drink around here???

1 Sports drink

2 shots Tequila

2 shots Triple Sec

1 shot Vodka

Shake well and slam-your basic WGT KamiKazee.   :-)

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 8:34 AM

quote=cyl6..." For example, it didn't quite bring the i15 irons to the level of the G10's".

Confused with this comparison. Are you saying i15s are not the top of the line iron set? I realize the swing meter is faster w/i15s. I up-graded my G10 pro to G10 master's and I really like-um. Didn't want to "relearn" faster swing speed w/i15s lol. 

I know you have the i15s in your bag, do you use the G10s also? 

Always interested to hear top players insights.  David

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 8:38 AM

[quote="seveking"]....I´ve seen a few complaints about the WGT Plus set and its price, but it´s actually not that high considering it has no level restrictions. You are paying the extra creds to bypass levelling up.

CAPITALISM AT ITS FINEST!!!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 8:43 AM

oneputtdavid:
    I know you have the i15s in your bag, do you use the G10s also? 

I use the i15s because of the meter-it matches the Tri driver and with the SD ball the meter is like a rocket but for some odd reason is easier to ding. The accuracy is well worth it. Go figure.

A question for the Legend tier-does the meter get faster at that level?

• kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 9:05 AM

OK, I have given it time, I have bought the balls, I have adapted as best I can.

If WGT want me to play off the black tees, so be it, I have embraced the challenge and will continue to do my very best to compete from 'away back there', however, surely there is sufficient evidence now for WGT to see that their implementation of the new levels have upset the natural order?

Those in the top tier should be accumulating credits while those in the lowest tier are adding credits, in the mid tiers the player improves skill and gradually starts to become more self sufficient to the point where he / or she no longer needs to buy credits as they start to gradually win enough to keep going, buy balls, and save up credits to buy new equipment as they move up tiers etc. We now have a situation where lower tier players have a distinct distance advantage, but with no equipment penalty to compensate. The demand for tier specific competition is testament to that, legends are becoming seperate from the rest of the group, and only want to play each other to ensure fair competition. The result is a disgruntled, alienated and seperate elite, who in real terms are only the elite in name, who will be reluctant to mix it with the lower tiers, unless of course in major competitions where common conditions prevail.

My suggestions to WGT is level this out are -

- ensure identical playing conditions for the top two tiers

- or associate levels to the tiers equally to averages (make a 60 level an automatic Legend) 

- or allow struggling Legends to move back to TM level if they rise above a certain average.

- or introduce equipment for legends only thats significantly closes the distance gap

- or detune certain equipment to be tier specific in yardage

In addition to this -

- Reduce the deviation by tier, a professional golfer will have significantly less dispersion through the bag than joe club golfer. It is frustrating getting the beast from 210 yards out on a dinged shot and having a 30+ foot putt as a result. the game is hard enough when you are teeing off from the far end of the car park and putting on tournament greens.

- Make Legends level independant, so all equipment is unlocked

- Prioritise game reliability and performance over gimmicks (much can be forgiven with a smooth meter - even kilts)

So in summary, I guess what I am saying is reintroduce fairness and common sense. This must be hurting WGT financially. Make this thing skill based again, let the top players be admired and an inspiration, as opposed to significant to a level people wish to avoid.

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 9:11 AM

I like the thought of a 280 yard driver. Maybe next summer.

Drinks measured by hours? days? I remember that high on our wish list.

Going to the GI2 with the legend balls? I think the majority wanted more distance yet the challenge should remain intact. Well at least the Legends have something no one else has and it's a good attempt to try to even the playing field. The balls I'd prefer as I'm used to the meter now are actually more expensive even though they've been lowered in price. 120 credits for a ball of durability compared to 155 credits for a ball and a half of durability. The 120 balls in comparison are 180 credits.

The new set? Where's the putter? I would imagine a medium high flying set that has a half of a ball of spin would be terribly hard to manage yet some may like the extra slow swing meter. Is the lower ball flight being less effected by the wind worth such a trade off as virtually no green holding ability? The Burner plus clubs with a medium high flight and two balls of spin I sold back as the high flying tour starter orange set I have to practice and blitz with holds the greens better with a half of ball of spin. It appears to me more and more like wgt is sorely in need of players with better understanding of the game to test their equipment first before release. 

The ghost putter? That's cool. Graphics here are the real attraction anyway. 410 more credits than the other some are complaining about already yet they probably have an 800 credit avatar lol.

Why not a WGT brand legend driver or get Lynx involved again there?  Not too forgiving or accurate yet available and will go 280 yards? I still see Lynx in the advertisement of drivers available in the pro shop but the out dated driver is no longer available.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 9:12 AM

Regarding the i15 irons & TriMaster driver: I bought them all, but almost never play with them. Meter too fast for me. Went back to G10 driver, etc. I suspect the same thing would happen if I purchased this insanely expensive new putter for $17.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 9:17 AM

kam4122:
    Those in the top tier should be accumulating credits while those in the lowest tier are adding credits, in the mid tiers the player improves skill and gradually starts to become more self sufficient to the point where he / or she no longer needs to buy credits

I wish the game was anything like that - it seems nobody (apart from the utter geniuses and sandbaggers) can play in fairness. Something should be done about the whole level/tier hierachy. I would mind if everbody had to play in exactly the same conditions and with the same equipment available - atleast it would be fair.

• cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 9:22 AM

OMG, this is all like, so cool. *** *** ***, ignore. *** *** ***, ignore some more. *** *** ***, buy a drink and shut up! WGT is so in tune with the masses. SO, ARE WE HAVING FUN NOW?  the words in the stars are the same as a female dog

RSS