Forums

Help › Forums

DISCONNECTING

Wed, Dec 1 2010 11:50 AM (20 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 1:20 PM

jredasse:

AT LEAST BE A DECENT PERSON AND LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT YOU'RE LEAVING ANYWAY................DON'T BE A CHICKEN****...........OR TO JUST KEEP YOUR AVERAGE UP.........PLAY THE GAME THE WAY IT WAS MADE TO PLAY, OR DON'TTTTTTTTTT.......

This is what I don't understand now. Unless you have just made a tier advancement or just started playing high scores no longer raise your average so why quit. Use the experience to learn to play better!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 1:27 PM

Exactly. it seems these people are serial quitters, with bruised egos.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 1:28 PM

paddy170348:

Why oh why do 75% of people join a game then disconnect for no apparent reason. very un sporstmanlike, really annoys me so much that i would sooner play single rounds. 

the solution wgt came up with is not effective.  personally i can't stop it either, but that doesn't mean i can't do something.  when i have a quitter in the group i'm with i go to their profile and make an entry on their post site. depending on what took place, how much cain i raise.   they probely think i am some kind of nut for this, but i look at it this way.  when they QUIT early they have caused me to expend time, energy, thought processess's, and emotions, that can not be replaced.  they are a drag on society and should NOT be in a position to just do as they please without consequences.  my 2 cents.

• mmchelli
    200 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 1:49 PM

I'll bet half of them are getting bumped off by WGT. does that show up as a quit round?

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 3:30 PM

mmchelli:

I'll bet half of them are getting bumped off by WGT. does that show up as a quit round?

it doesn't matter why, if it happens often enough to make you an unreliable finisher. then that in of it's self should be sufficent.

• Riccarddo
    2 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 12:16 PM

Here's a thought.  I played this for the first time yesterday and have played several times and on a few occasions the game has frozen and I have had to close the window and then rejoin the game.  I am sure there are a lot of cheaters out there as you say but this is another possible reason.  10:1 ratio is probably near the mark.

Also newbies like me do not realise straight away how seriously the game is played and disconnect at random may be cause dinner is ready or something.  Now I know about this issue I will make sure I am not one of them!

Has anyone else had freezing games?

• RJ3421
    1 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 9:43 AM

Can anything be done about golfers quiting about 3 or 4 holes into a match play round.  I expend my time and only get credit for the number of times I hit the ball before the other player disconnects.  No credit for match play round.  I know there are many idiots who play to win only and forget the games is suppose to be fun also.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 2:00 PM

You can play me MP rounds I never quit, but I doubt you would see the last few holes! :) Hang in there and let them quit, nothing we can do but play on. I do think we should get our level points for everyone starting the games though, that is a bunch of WGT BS LOL.

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 4:49 PM

Riccarddo:

Here's a thought.  I played this for the first time yesterday and have played several times and on a few occasions the game has frozen and I have had to close the window and then rejoin the game.  I am sure there are a lot of cheaters out there as you say but this is another possible reason.  10:1 ratio is probably near the mark.

Also newbies like me do not realise straight away how seriously the game is played and disconnect at random may be cause dinner is ready or something.  Now I know about this issue I will make sure I am not one of them!

Has anyone else had freezing games?

Yes, a couple of days ago I was playing with Yancy and he got froze out and bumped off. You're not alone.

• derrylad
    4 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 5:30 AM

hi, paddy derrylad here, i am sick 2 the teeth of quitters that is masters as well. just played 2 and on the seven hole he quitt, what a bollicks just as i had birdie, and the other was 3 under, but i will not forget him . anytime ur looking 4 a game let me konw , thx derrylad

RSS