Help › Forums

holiday ball give away

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 29 2016 10:46 AM (28 replies)
  • samuel2229
    80 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 12:33 PM

srellim234:

I clicked on the contact link at the bottom of the page this morning and asked nicely for the ball. The ball was added to my inventory in less than 15 minutes. I would suggest others do the same.

Thanks to customer service for responding so quickly today.

Congrats on getting your free ball via CS. I'm not contacting them, it was a WGT software glitch, so it's WGT's responsibility to fix the error, assuming of course they are an honorable company that lives up to it's promises.

• Beryman
    9,098 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 1:47 PM

srellim234:

I clicked on the contact link at the bottom of the page this morning and asked nicely for the ball. The ball was added to my inventory in less than 15 minutes. I would suggest others do the same.

true....very prompt and a top notch group

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 2:07 PM

samuel2229:

srellim234:

Congrats on getting your free ball via CS. I'm not contacting them, it was a WGT software glitch, so it's WGT's responsibility to fix the error, assuming of course they are an honorable company that lives up to it's promises.

If very few people contact them about the problem, how do they know there IS a problem? They need to be informed there's a widespread problem so they'll know something has to be fixed. All they know now is that I (and maybe a few others) didn't receive the ball. That constitutes a minor thing that doesn't need to be dealt with by programming. If they don't get inundated with requests this will continue to happen every time they have one of these offers.

These forums are not a direct line to the company; they have moderators but the company doesn't take action based on what is posted here. We have to engage them directly and that's through the contact link at the bottom of almost every page on this site.

If you're not willing to take action, don't expect them to.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 2:56 PM

srellim234:
    If very few people contact them about the problem, how do they know there IS a problem?

I've seen a dozen complaints in the Forum (one of these by myself), and I'm sure there have been more direct reports.

My impression is, they give it away only to those who complain directly.

Alas, I'm not going to whine for something which is their promise. Either they fulfill it or I add it to the list of their failures.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 3:16 PM

srellim234:

I did the same thing after reading your post. I also received a ball. Only took a few minutes. 

ct

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 3:54 PM

You really must be bored Colin

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 3:57 PM

PhilEStein:

You really must be bored Colin

No...just broke...and it's not a bad ball. Decent specs.

• Flossntoby
    3 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 4:17 PM

I never got my ball and wrote on here and they sent me an email telling me I was approved and clicked on the link but no ball.

Bo Ho

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 5:01 PM

I also received the ball after contacting CS.  This is the first time I haven't received one by just starting a game.  Hopefully it was a one time glitch.

• WGTUniverse
    94 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 5:09 PM

Flossntoby:

I never got my ball and wrote on here and they sent me an email telling me I was approved and clicked on the link but no ball.

Bo Ho

I had the CS department add a golf ball to your account for you :) 

In the event that something like this occurs again, contact CS through this link: 

http://www.wgt.com/help-request.aspx 

They are super friendly and will respond promptly 

RSS