Forums

Help › Forums

any ideas

Sat, Feb 28 2015 8:47 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • crgade
    490 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:49 PM

I love this game was very addicted to it awhile ago got to legend before I probably should have (so be it)

have reach a plateau am legend have a 69+ average do not have the time nor desire to really work at getting it down

can still shoot low 30's occasionally so am ok with that

but it seems the game has lost the fun factor

tried staying away cause I was getting stale am starting back now

cant do the cash games not good enough weekly tours same thing

use to always work to move up levels get to master ,tour master etc was fun and gave you something to strive for you knew you needed x number of games at such n such score to move up was fun too

so ANY IDEAS on how to make this a fun game again?

no levels to work towards

never gonna have average low enough for tour legend so whats a 5 year player suppose to do?

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:57 PM

crgade:
    ANY IDEAS on how to make this a fun game again

Join a CC and play more Altshot games

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:28 PM

crgade:
    so ANY IDEAS on how to make this a fun game again?

Set yourself personal goals..

Don't think of getting to TL just yet but...

Try to get your Ave down to 65 first, then 63  etc etc ?

or....

Pick the courses you struggle on and work to shooting the low 30s on them ?

^^ Can be a buzz getting that 1st 29 on Oakmont ( for example )

As Zio said, the best fun here is to be had with 'friends we meet along the way...in a CC, random Alts.... and even here on The Forum  ;-)

Andy

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:38 PM

alcaucin:
    As Zio said, the best fun here is to be had with 'friends we meet along the way...in a CC, random Alts.... and even here on The Forum  ;-)

Yep,  agree 100%.

For me, random any kind of rounds are fun when all friends are red or the invites just don't work lol.

I'm in Michigan, there's snow on the ground and it's colder that a witch's T**ty face down in the snow with a metal bra.  Being a golf addict in real life and not being able to play makes WGT a nice alternative to not being able to play real golf. 

I just hope the latest mishaps get corrected soon.  :(

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:45 PM

hpurey:
    I'm in Michigan, there's snow on the ground and it's colder that a witch's T**ty face down in the snow with a metal bra.  Being a golf addict in real life and not being able to play makes WGT a nice alternative to not being able to play real golf.

Thought you were going to hit the 'range' ...?

Gotta work on that swing fa Spring !!  or....

Make like the birds n fly South ;-)

Andy

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 1:23 AM

I know WGT have issues at the moment but they are trying to sort it out, just got to try and grin and bear it. As previously stated come and join our cc and set yourself new goals by trying to beat  other members in our Country Club comps,  and make new friends, cheers

`WGTAMIGOS`

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 3:44 AM

alcaucin:

Set yourself personal goals..

After a while, the bombast of gaining and receiving awards, levels, tiers and such come almost to a halt. It is then that finding something to shoot for rests upon you. I have several, and as an example, I seek to reach a 90 % fairway average...little things that mean something to you. Most of all, do only the things important to you whatever they may be.  ;-}     ~ SP ~ 

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 5:02 AM

Fairway avg?I can hit every fairway for weeks then miss just once and the avg drops.Must be that new math.

• crgade
    490 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 6:05 PM

thanks for the ideas everyone

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 6:56 PM

It's natural to have a lull in ur feelings towards the game, especially when u reach legend. I remember clearly how disenchanted I was for a while, when I realised I was a legend unable to compete.

Or so I thought.  Slowly the desire will come back, either through buying newer and betterer equipment, playing with better balls, or finding new challenges within a friendly and gently competitive CC.

For me, having a Eureka  moment in my putting was a tremendous motivational factor. I can putt as well as anyone in my humble opinion.

My current target is to have credits, score  average and number of posts all equal

Credits      6310

Average     6468

Posts         4326

So I'll either post a lot of shite, or spend some credits, lol

• PAGES
RSS