Forums

Help › Forums

New to the game

Mon, Dec 20 2010 7:13 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Hokieman0
    18 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 5:58 PM

Hello everyone. Ive been playing for about 3 days now and i have to say i love it. Its up there where the tiger woods games are. I found out about this by playing a demo version as a google app and i signed up and i love this community.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2010 12:37 PM

Welcome Hokieman0

FAIR WARNING...if you want a real life, QUIT while you can...you may not be able to later (0;\ 

There are lots of good guys in the Forum if you have questions.  To get started on the right foot and answer lots of questions, become familiar with the Getting Started and FAQs info over there----->

If money is an issue, learn how to earn credits so it won't be too expensive when you decide, and you will if you are here long enough, to upgrade your equipment or to play fee tournaments.  

Joey

• EPDuffer
    66 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2010 5:35 PM

I too welcome you, Hokieman0.

Joey has some very good advise for your venture here in WGT land; especially the FAIR WARNING part. LOL

Don't get discouraged and don't hesitate to ask questions; the WGT community is GREAT, and they are always ready with a reply.

Good luck and keep it in the short grass!

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2010 6:15 PM

Welcome aboard....read all the tips and the help forums, can't go wrong doing that. Hit em long and straight.

• Hokieman0
    18 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 8:44 PM

Thanks guys. Will do

• Fidd
    4 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 8:52 PM

Don't think you don't have any clubs either... go to the Clubs selection and there is a second set of all clubs that are a step up from the starter pack. They are less forgiving though. So practice a bit then go for the free upgrades given to you :) Sweeeet

• mwangle
    5 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 9:09 PM

I have been a hack with an average of 104 since I started. I have only played a 9 hole stroke play game against another person once. How do I bring down my average? Can I do this playing solo?

How do I play 18 holes? Thanks

PS The game is great but I don;t know how to start advancing.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 11:42 PM

welcome

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 7:34 AM

mwangle:

I have been a hack with an average of 104 since I started. I have only played a 9 hole stroke play game against another person once. How do I bring down my average? Can I do this playing solo?

How do I play 18 holes? Thanks

PS The game is great but I don;t know how to start advancing.

hi

you can easily play rated games alone or with friends. you can also play in tournaments.

all will lower your average. then, as you post lower and lower scores (key being a lot of scores) your average will start lowering and once you improve your game, you will advance into higher tiers.

-wgticon

• mwangle
    5 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 8:12 AM

Where do i play rated games and play 18 holes? thanks

• PAGES
RSS