Forums

Help › Forums

Windows 10

Mon, Jan 30 2017 9:37 AM (41 replies)
  • firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 6:05 PM

tinocala:

I have installed windows 10 and noticed that the breaks of the greens are not read properly. Is this normal ?, happens to someone else?

Regards

Tinocala

I had taken a break for a couple of months and when I came back that was the very first thing I noticed when I came back. I have tried cleaning cache and cookies, even updated my flash but it hasn't helped! I even tried different browsers. I have had windows 10 for a long time but this bug just popped up in the last couple of months!

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 6:39 AM

Oi!  That naughty step didn't have a bar you know, don't you go sending me back out there  :)

I just started a game not realising what a difference having Avidemux encoding a video in the background would make.  I dragged the meter, released, the green bar moved about half an inch, vanished and reappeared when it was well past the ding line.

Think I'll wait a bit before I play that round...........

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 7:00 AM

Network overhead will pound your meter, meter isn't dependent on your cpu or video card alone, not that much actually.

One thing you can do under Win10 that can help a lot is to disable Cortana in the registry, not just switching her off, but disabling her. Even when not doing anything, Cortana when still alive has a constant network connection.

Marks raw input registry fix still I think has an effect under Win10 as well.

Anything that utilizes an open internet connection can give you that meter lag, that 'slide by the ding' effect mostly.

• tinocala
    453 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 1:42 AM

Thanks for your answer, Firetrucky.

Tino

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 12:54 PM

dedBuNNy:
    One thing you can do under Win10 that can help a lot is to disable Cortana in the registry, not just switching her off, but disabling her

How exactly do you do this? i no techie lol,but i think you are right ........never had problems until that damn Cortana.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 1:31 PM

pdxdriver:

How exactly do you do this? i no techie lol,but i think you are right ........never had problems until that damn Cortana.

Have a look here.

Nice to see an old name again by the way.

• firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 11:12 PM

tinocala:

Tino

I figured out the problem on my end! it was my flash, I unchecked the hardware acceleration box in my flash settings and every thing is back to normal...... Now I have to re-relearn how to putt!

• tinocala
    453 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2017 5:49 AM

firetrucky:

tinocala:

Tino

I figured out the problem on my end! it was my flash, I unchecked the hardware acceleration box in my flash settings and every thing is back to normal...... Now I have to re-relearn how to putt!

I'll try this option and tell you something.
    Thank you

• tinocala
    453 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2017 12:37 AM

For firetrucky.

Thanks. Works best, but there are still small deviations from the ball that do not occur in win7.

• whank
    1,024 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2017 9:55 PM

Download Maxthon Browser perfict comes with add blocker and no more meter probs...whank

RSS