Forums

Help › Forums

What ball characteristic slows down meter speed

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 3 2011 11:15 AM (5 replies)
  • seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 5:32 AM
    How can you tell if a ball will slow down the swing meter? I know the clubs have a swing meter but the balls don't. For example, the Callaway spin balls slow the meter right down, but which one of it's attributes indicate it will do this?
  • b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 5:35 AM

seanobrien:
    How can you tell if a ball will slow down the swing meter? I know the clubs have a swing meter but the balls don't. For example, the Callaway spin balls slow the meter right down, but which one of it's attributes indicate it will do this?

It is indicated under the "feel" characteristic of the golf ball.

Cheers,

b0gey

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 5:57 AM

b0geybuster:

The more dots there are the slower the meter is.

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2011 10:21 AM

b0geybuster:

seanobrien:

Cheers,

b0gey

bOgey,

If your statement is true, why are we wasting money for balls?

Srixon series balls are all rated at 2 'under feel', and priced at 180 to 225 credits.

Callaway balls are rated at 2 1/2 'under feel', and priced at 250 to 325 credits.

The WGT G13-S are rated at 2 1/2 'under feel', and are priced at 99 credits.

Same meter speed for 1/3 to 1/2 the price.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2011 10:52 AM

bigdaddie1:

If your statement is true, why are we wasting money for balls?

Srixon series balls are all rated at 2 'under feel', and priced at 180 to 225 credits.

Callaway balls are rated at 2 1/2 'under feel', and priced at 250 to 325 credits.

The WGT G13-S are rated at 2 1/2 'under feel', and are priced at 99 credits.

Same meter speed for 1/3 to 1/2 the price.

Feel is only one characteristic of the golf ball.   You are paying more for the spin and distance then the feel!

Cheers,

b0gey

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2011 11:15 AM

b0geybuster:

Feel is only one characteristic of the golf ball.   You are paying more for the spin and distance then the feel!

Yep, the combination of distance, spin and feel, not to mention durability makes Callaways a great choice.

On that subject, what do the greats here think about Z vs S?  I used to play Z but seem to score better with S lately, the control the extra spin offers seems to more than make up for the few yards they lack.

RSS