Forums

Help › Forums

Christmas in July 2016

Fri, Jul 15 2016 4:51 PM (275 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 9:16 AM

If anyone would like some artwork ( CC logos, CC banners, personal player pics etc.) done, just post on my wall with a description of what you would like in the pics.

• hobbe95
    812 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 9:20 AM
     hobbe95:

Nicole161106:

Thanks Wiger.

Could the sponsor gift the sleeve to a worthy recipient of their choice in the xmas in July thread, I don't use expensive balls and wanted to gift on that thread but don't have the credits to do so.

Thanks to Hobbe95.

I will do that Nicole

Cheers

done 

04 Jul
    hobbe95 sent the NIKE 20XI-X RZN Balls (L81+) as a gift.
    Cheers 
    sent to dbadeaux
  • Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 9:56 AM

Thanks Hobbe, well done for sponsoring.

hobbe95:

hobbe95:

Nicole161106:

Thanks Wiger.

Could the sponsor gift the sleeve to a worthy recipient of their choice in the xmas in July thread, I don't use expensive balls and wanted to gift on that thread but don't have the credits to do so.

Thanks to Hobbe95.

I will do that Nicole

Cheers

done 

04 Jul
    hobbe95 sent the NIKE 20XI-X RZN Balls (L81+) as a gift.
    Cheers 
    sent to dbadeaux

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 9:57 AM

Xanthorpe:

However, I have been told by many veterans that I need to upgrade my wedges. I'm using old Taylor Made Z-Satin wedges (just the two)

There really isn't any need to swap those wedges for newer ones, they're pretty fine clubs, even today.  All you need is to add a compatible 64° wedge, ideally with very similar stats.

I see you have the 54° and 60° ones.  Can you please refresh my memory as to how far they hit a full shot?  And what numbers they have for each stat?  And how far does the PW in your iron set hit a full shot?  It sounds nosey but it's good to have even gaps between a 64° wedge and your PW.  My PW hits 120 yards, my 64° wedge hits 50 yards, so I filled the gap with 2 wedges that hit 75 and 100 yard full shots.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 9:57 AM

Howzit

I still have a putter to give away :-)

• Xanthorpe
    262 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 10:08 AM

MainzMan:

Xanthorpe:

However, I have been told by many veterans that I need to upgrade my wedges. I'm using old Taylor Made Z-Satin wedges (just the two)

There really isn't any need to swap those wedges for newer ones, they're pretty fine clubs, even today.  All you need is to add a compatible 64° wedge, ideally with very similar stats.

I see you have the 54° and 60° ones.  Can you please refresh my memory as to how far they hit a full shot?  And what numbers they have for each stat?  And how far does the PW in your iron set hit a full shot?  It sounds nosey but it's good to have even gaps between a 64° wedge and your PW.  My PW hits 120 yards, my 64° wedge hits 50 yards, so I filled the gap with 2 wedges that hit 75 and 100 yard full shots.

MainzMan, thanks for the response; My Taylor Made RBladez PW hits 125, so the gap between it and my 54-degree Z-wedge, which hits 85 yards is too far to adjust accurately most of the time. My 60-degree Z-wedge hits 65 yards. I've been fairly successful with yardage under 65 using punch/pitch/chip/flop shots.

Have a great day!

X

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 10:17 AM

MainzMan:

And how far does the PW in your iron set hit a full shot?

OK, I had a look around and see your PW hits a full shot 125 yards.  I'll be honest and say I think the chances of anyone dropping nearly 5k (they're 1,595, not 2,000 credits, practically a bargain!) for those nice wedges as a random act of kindness are pretty slim.  I know I couldn't justify it.

My suggestion would be to consider the ATV wedges at levels 38/39.  There are three that hit 50, 77 and 105 yards which would go pretty nicely with your iron set.  Since they only cost 495 credits each there's a much better chance of having your wish fulfilled.

We can wait a few days and see if someone sends you a set RTX wedges, if not I'm sure something can be arranged.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 10:25 AM

I see you posted while I was still writing : )

Having thought a bit more about yardages it might be a good idea to be future proof and get wedges that will complement a PW that hits 120 yards, since the top iron sets all have one.

In that case either 50/75/100 or 60/80/100 would be a better bet.  Starting with 50 yards will mean you'll be looking at ATV wedges since the shortest Cleveland wedge is 60 yards.  I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

Maybe 3 people could get together and get you a set.

• Xanthorpe
    262 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 10:57 AM

MainzMan, your suggestions are wise. A set of 3 ATV wedges that span the lofts (52-64) would do the trick I believe. Something closer to 100 yards or so for the first would be the best I think.

Other than loving the game and not having much cash flow to fund the upgrade myself, I don't have much to recommend me to anyone. My wife has had about ten surgeries in the last few years so our prescription and Dr. bills are up there. I've managed to squeeze through and purchase some other clubs/balls, but the Clevelands are quite dear!

I shall wait and see what transpires :-)

Thank you.

X

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 11:16 AM

taylormade spider putter up for grabs  contact opy he will hook us up

RSS