Forums

Help › Forums

How do you line up a putt on an angled view???

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 6 2011 10:47 AM (9 replies)
  • BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 12:07 AM

I need some help as generally my putting is pretty solid, but im getting fed up with struggling with the sh*t views you can get on these greens, i need to learn how to try and judge a breaking putt when you are lining up off a angled view as i have no chance with them nad unfortunely when im finding when playing of Legends chances are few and far between and mistakes are costly and these angled views are hurting me

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 7:53 AM

BacardiAndCoke:

I need some help as generally my putting is pretty solid, but im getting fed up with struggling with the sh*t views you can get on these greens, i need to learn how to try and judge a breaking putt when you are lining up off a angled view as i have no chance with them nad unfortunely when im finding when playing of Legends chances are few and far between and mistakes are costly and these angled views are hurting me

It may be just my eyesight, but I have found that I tend to overestimate the break when I have an "angle" view...I have learned to adjust accordingly...HB3

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 9:52 AM

Bump.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 10:25 AM

BacardiAndCoke:

This will depend hole to hole but using both views, you could see if break shows different from each view, then use memory of previous putt from same spot, adjust accordingly.

There is no magic answer and I miss many putts from any spot due to whatever reason, so you are not alone. 

-wgticon

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2011 9:16 AM

Avoid putting on Kiawah! LOL! it seems that course is the worst for bad angles. Seriously, it becomes a matter of experience, most times angled views seem to exaggerate the amount of break truly present. After checking both views I usually split any difference and give a little more credence to the view that is closest to being a "good" view! That for me usually seems to be the reverse view. Hitemstr8!

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 8:20 PM

shoop:

Let me stand behind you and align it up, for you sweetie!

Troll.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 10:46 PM

I would enjoy the help...but the putter must be hot & fast with the ability to notice a easy tap in.

RSS