Forums

Help › Forums

Legend Tier Issues

Wed, Jul 6 2011 10:56 AM (45 replies)
  • BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 4:18 AM

In my opinion, i believe that some of the holes on this game have been extended to far with the winds that WGT throw up, which have made this game unrelistic, as every hole should be reachable in regualtion, no matter even if you have to hit hybrid or wood in you gotta be able to reach not matter what the wind is,

Working on the fact that a 270 Level 60 Driver goes about 240 into a 30mph headwind & 3 wood goes around 200 that means all par 4's need to be under 440y at St Andrews & 460y elsewhere as winds are 20mph or less & par 3's less then 240y

I do also beleive that there are holes in Legend tier that could be increased to compensation for making thse holes shorter and i also feel that 30mph is to much and that all winds should be capped at 20mph, as a 30mph wind can a make a difference of 3I - PW on ur 2nd shot and that is just to much, plus it makes some holes unreachable, i also feel when you reach Legend all clubs should automatically be unlocked no matter what level you are on, this would solve most of these issues with these holes as then most of these holes would be reachable in regualation and only leave a few that are a unreachable in bad conditions

There is  more than 10 holes i can't reach in regulation when having a 15mph+ wind against and that aint right :-(

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 4:43 AM

BacardiAndCoke:

In my opinion, i believe that some of the holes on this game have been extended to far with the winds that WGT throw up, which have made this game unrelistic, as every hole should be reachable in regualtion, no matter even if you have to hit hybrid or wood in you gotta be able to reach not matter what the wind is,

Working on the fact that a 270 Level 60 Driver goes about 240 into a 30mph headwind & 3 wood goes around 200 that means all par 4's need to be under 440y at St Andrews & 460y elsewhere as winds are 20mph or less & par 3's less then 240y

I do also beleive that there are holes in Legend tier that could be increased to compensation for making thse holes shorter and i also feel that 30mph is to much and that all winds should be capped at 20mph, as a 30mph wind can a make a difference of 3I - PW on ur 2nd shot and that is just to much, plus it makes some holes unreachable, i also feel when you reach Legend all clubs should automatically be unlocked no matter what level you are on, this would solve most of these issues with these holes as then most of these holes would be reachable in regualation and only leave a few that are a unreachable in bad conditions

There is  more than 10 holes i can't reach in regulation when having a 15mph+ wind against and that aint right :-(

Two things I noticed on your profile B&C. You probably made legend to soon ie not ready for it and probably should have bought a bigger driver instead of those new wedges. Just saying. 

J

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 4:51 AM

Need a larger driver Jess , & will solve a few issues with greens in regulation. I think we had a chat about this last time we played. Takes along time to get to 88+ for the R11. If you were to buy the R9 82+ most drives you hit will be over 300 in light winds. St Andrews wind behind 320 - 360 & depending on bounce with a head wind 260 - 280 yards 

:o)

• GreyMack
    60 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 4:54 AM

Not got as far as legend but one thing struck me when i moved to master and i realised they moved you back on the tee's....gone are the days of a short par 3.

I have no idea how bad it gets at legend tier but on some holes i've gone from 160 yard par 3  say 7 iron to a 200 yard 4 iron which is much harder to hit.

Now i appreciate the game should be harder for higher tiers but it's not exactly realistic having no short par 3's.

Yes i know it's just a game :)

P.S. Bacardi the one time i played St Andrews for real it was nearly 30 miles and hour wind...........just an average day :)

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 4:56 AM

I think the issue isn't the strength of the winds. It's the regularity of getting certain winds on certain holes seemingly always. I know that going into a round a St Andrews with heavy winds, that holes are going to have a certain direction of winds I am going to get, even before reaching the hole.

I'm currently playing a round at St Andrews with heavy winds and I knew that I was going to get a wind directly into my face on the 4th, which is 485yds from the back tees, and guess what, 29mph right into my face. A dinged driver and 3 wood got me a 45ft birdie putt, and I have the longest driver and 3 wood available to anyone.

Continuing my round, hole 17 at St Andrews, 515yds, 29mph into my face. Thank you muchly. Driver, 3 wood and still 47yds to go.

The winds on this game are random, but are becoming more and more predictable recently, just like almost every tourney is going to be heavy winds.

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 4:59 AM

GreyMack:

P.S. Bacardi the one time i played St Andrews for real it was nearly 30 miles and hour wind...........just an average day :)

But the only limits you have on club distance is how far you can hit the ball, not how far the club will let you hit the ball :)

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 5:02 AM

Johniedino:

Two things I noticed on your profile B&C. You probably made legend to soon ie not ready for it and probably should have bought a bigger driver instead of those new wedges. Just saying. 

J

Sorry Johnie but I have to disagree with you on B&C not being ready. She was outgrowing the TM tier and needed this new challenge and I've a gut feeling she'll rise to the occasion without any real hassle at all.

You'll get used to it Jessica but it will take more than a week of practise rofl......and think about getting a 280+ driver.....that's a necessity.

The huge winds are a hassle, so maybe cut down on the heavy wind RG's for a wee while or till you get that big stick.

cheers

tbe

• BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 5:22 AM

Johnie,

I have the R9 L80 driver but find the meter to fast for me and end up with only 50% of my balls on the fairway, which just aint enough, plus i find that because it is a faster speed to my irons which cause me issues, i jsut feel its wrong that i get punished for becoming a Legend, before i get to level 88, surely once you reach the top level all the top equipment should be avalible to you

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 6:34 AM

Once you reach the top LEVEL all will be available to you. Levels and Tiers are 2 diff things. Anyone can become a Legend, not all of em can shoot like one once they get there.  what you meant to say, is once you reach Legend Tier, all clubs should be available to you. I agree clubs should be based on Tier and not level, too easy to level up and never shoot a ranked round.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 6:36 AM

BacardiAndCoke:

Johnie,

I have the R9 L80 driver but find the meter to fast for me and end up with only 50% of my balls on the fairway, which just aint enough, plus i find that because it is a faster speed to my irons which cause me issues, i jsut feel its wrong that i get punished for becoming a Legend, before i get to level 88, surely once you reach the top level all the top equipment should be avalible to you

I agree. Once you become  Legend all equipment should be available to you.

May I ask what your average was when you were moved up?

I had some good rounds in RGs. A couple 29s and such. As soon as my average hit 61 I was a Legend that day.  I thought I was moved up rather quickly but oh well. Nothing we can do about it.

The wind is getting pretty stupid from the black tees. #4 St And and #17 St At are a b*tch into a 17-20mph wind. I can still get there with the clubs I have if I'm precise on the meter.

Do you own the R11 240yrd 3 wood? If not, I suggest it. It's a Godsend. The 225 R11 Hybrid is wonderful, too. It sticks and holds greens so much better than my 3 iron and is not near as erratic.

EDIT: Ok I see you carry 3 wedges. I've found I can cover any yardage under 100 with the G10 wedge (115), 58 deg. 86 yrd and the 64 deg 50 yrd. That way I can be more precise with the longer second shots with the 3 wood and hybrid. I know people like to carry 3 wedges and it's the popular thing to do but you might give it try. I find I can back off the wedges and be more precise than when I back off my 3 wood. If that makes any sense.

RSS