Forums

Help › Forums

Legend Tier Issues

Wed, Jul 6 2011 10:56 AM (45 replies)
  • BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 8:27 AM

61 is defiantly the number to get to Legend tier :-)

as for 3wood no unfortunely i dont have teh experience points to be able to owner that club :-( but along with the driver i might get for Xmas, if i play every day, a maybe a case i have to mix and match my bag depending which 9 or 18 im playing, wether i keep 3 wedges or not

Jessica

• BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 8:33 AM

DarSum:

I agree. Once you become  Legend all equipment should be available to you.

Do you own the R11 240yrd 3 wood? If not, I suggest it. It's a Godsend. The 225 R11 Hybrid is wonderful, too. It sticks and holds greens so much better than my 3 iron and is not near as erratic.

EDIT: Ok I see you carry 3 wedges. I've found I can cover any yardage under 100 with the G10 wedge (115), 58 deg. 86 yrd and the 64 deg 50 yrd. That way I can be more precise with the longer second shots with the 3 wood and hybrid. I know people like to carry 3 wedges and it's the popular thing to do but you might give it try. I find I can back off the wedges and be more precise than when I back off my 3 wood. If that makes any sense.

If im honest as when im attacking a green in regulation with a 3 wood or hybrid im really not looking to get down for birdie, if i do its a bonus, with that i mind ill probaly keep my 3 wedges in the bag and just keep my hybrid in the bag once i get a decent driver :-) but to be honest i wont know till i get to that point really

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 9:22 AM

BacardiAndCoke:
    In my opinion, i believe that some of the holes on this game have been extended to far with the winds that WGT throw up, which have made this game unrelistic, as every hole should be reachable in regualtion, no matter even if you have to hit hybrid or wood in you gotta be able to reach not matter what the wind is,

I'm talking real golf now, but unfortunately Jess, there is nothing in the rules of golf that says holes should be reached in regulation.  Par 3's are generally up to 250yds, par 4's to 475yds and par 5's after that.  However, this isn't strictly adhered to either.  Reaching a green in regulation depends not so much on the clubs but on the ablity of the player.  And in high winds things that would normally be possible are impossible and vice versa.  I you ever play a real links course you will know what I mean.  I will never forget a round at Siloth-on-Solway on the Cumbrian coast where I hit a 4i into a 140yd par 3 hole, then later in the round an 8i onto a 195yd par 3.  The difference between a real (single day) golf competition and one on WGT is that the wind is random and different for each player and therefore possibly unfair.  However, I understand why they do this.

The thing that is the leveler in real golf is player's handicaps which unfortunately WGT don't have.  But in real golf at pro level where all players play off scratch, players still don't all drive the same distance and some may be hitting a wood into a green whilst longer hitters will be hitting mid irons.

So, to summise, you have got to play the best you can in whatever the conditions are with whatever equipment you have.  That is about as real as real golf is.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 9:36 AM

B&C, the level 73+, R9 Super-Tri driver has ample length off the tips in any wind when using a Legend or Callaway golf ball. Practice chasing the ball to the pin on them long holes. Get used to the faster Legend green speed, and you'll be a competitor in no time. Try not to get discouraged with the Legend challenge.

Play well!

• BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 9:40 AM

I have to admit i dont play golf, and i only watch it on tv occasional, normally jsut the big comps and i really cant remmeber a time where i watched somebody hit 9i into a par 4 for the 3rd after being on the fairway for the first 2 shots, due to the distance of the hole, i also dont remember seeing in a shop that you can't buy those clubs because you have no had the experience to be able to buy them,

i have jsut palyed the weekly 18 hole single play challenge and failed to reach the green in regualtion on 4 holes even thou i was on the fairway after my drive,

That is just wrong and very unrealistic in my opinion

Jessica

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 11:48 AM

515yds on the legend tee at 17 St A.......I've changed my mind and am staying put on master level...Legend sounds scary..LOL

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 11:49 AM

BacardiAndCoke:

In my opinion, i believe that some of the holes on this game have been extended to far with the winds that WGT throw up, which have made this game unrelistic, as every hole should be reachable in regualtion, no matter even if you have to hit hybrid or wood in you gotta be able to reach not matter what the wind is,

Working on the fact that a 270 Level 60 Driver goes about 240 into a 30mph headwind & 3 wood goes around 200 that means all par 4's need to be under 440y at St Andrews & 460y elsewhere as winds are 20mph or less & par 3's less then 240y

I do also beleive that there are holes in Legend tier that could be increased to compensation for making thse holes shorter and i also feel that 30mph is to much and that all winds should be capped at 20mph, as a 30mph wind can a make a difference of 3I - PW on ur 2nd shot and that is just to much, plus it makes some holes unreachable, i also feel when you reach Legend all clubs should automatically be unlocked no matter what level you are on, this would solve most of these issues with these holes as then most of these holes would be reachable in regualation and only leave a few that are a unreachable in bad conditions

There is  more than 10 holes i can't reach in regulation when having a 15mph+ wind against and that aint right :-(

Not trying to start anything here, more in jest than anything else, but your mention about distances ringed a bell for me and I had to search to come up with this:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/39798/226249.aspx#226249

Just saying what a month a difference will make ;)

Regards.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 12:27 PM

BacardiAndCoke:

Johnie,

I have the R9 L80 driver but find the meter to fast for me and end up with only 50% of my balls on the fairway, which just aint enough, plus i find that because it is a faster speed to my irons which cause me issues, i jsut feel its wrong that i get punished for becoming a Legend, before i get to level 88, surely once you reach the top level all the top equipment should be avalible to you

BC I feel your pain with the r9..I have my problems with the meter speeding up just b4 the ding line. I blame it on my old age and lack of reflexes. Kinda wished I had gotten the g10 270 yd driver instead. Keep on keeping on. :-)) P. S. In total agreement with you on the being able to get the top equip. once you get to legend regardless your level.

J

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 12:53 PM

BacardiAndCoke:

Jess

As I said, it's not unrealistic in certain conditions, e.g. high winds, or heavy rain and soft ground).  However, I do agree that once you get to Legend all clubs probably should be available as you are unlikely to be sandbagging when you get to there.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 2:00 PM

BacardiAndCoke:

i have jsut palyed the weekly 18 hole single play challenge and failed to reach the green in regualtion on 4 holes even thou i was on the fairway after my drive,

Jessica

stick with it for a few more weeks......you will adapt to it. you're too good a player not too.

mess around with alt shot games.....they help in the beginning and it does get easier.

tbe

RSS