Forums

Help › Forums

Legend Tier Issues

Wed, Jul 6 2011 10:56 AM (45 replies)
  • seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 2:45 PM

My average went up by 8.0 in the few weeks after I turned legend. Didn't think I could hack it playing long Irons and woods as my approach shots. But the more I practised the better I got. Remember not every hole is into the wind, sometimes the wind is helping (mind you I did play an 18 hole CC tourney where 16 of the 18 holes had wind against in some form or other. I thought it was a new feature added that I had missed).

The other thing is that wind against can be a help in some instances. I got my first birdie ever (certainly as a legend anyway) on Bethpage#5 with a 20mph wind coming from 12 o clock and around 190yds plus the elevation to the pin.

By the way I have the 280 yd driver which is available at level 80 and it works fine. Your at level 83 so you could buy that.

I probably won't be buying the R11 as I don't think it would make sufficient difference to merit the expenditure.

So to sum up, keep playing and little by little your game will improve and the enjoyment will come back.

• BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 9:17 AM

Hey i love playing all the Legend tees its great fun and i prefer the harshier conditions i even dont mind having to hit in hybrid or wood into the greens, i jsut dont like the fact i cant reach the green in regualtion on certain holes, because not all the equipment is avalible to me

Just had a real fun round in the Kiawah Monthly Open in heavy winds really enjoyed teh challenge of having to hit in long  shots into the par 3's & par 4's, the real good thing for me was the fact that every green was reachable in regulation which is all i want, even if i was hitting between 4 iron & 3 wood into the green, probaly something to do with the winds not getting up past about 20mph

Jessica

• BacardiAndCoke
    449 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 9:34 AM

I still feel the way i did before, i would love to see more of the Legends par 4's in this game extended out to between 450-470 mark as it would how raise the scoring to a more realstic number, but as long as i said before as the winds were dropped to a max of 20mph and all par 4's were reachable in 2 shots for all Legends no matter  what wind it is at that hole & all Legends having all the clubs on this game to there use if they wish, no matter what level they are

I really dont have an issue with long par 3's& 4's i actually prefer them because it is more of a challenge to make birdie on these holes hitting in 3woods & hybrids, i just dont agree with holes that Legends like myself can't reach the green in regualtion, due to a lack of equipment and strong head winds

these are just my opinions, i dont see why Legends should be punished for getting there to soon

I love to see St A 10th & 12th have an extra 100 yards added in a trade off for 15th & 17th made shorter so there all reachable in 2 shots  - just for example

Jessica

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 9:59 AM

BacardiAndCoke:
    i just dont agree with holes that Legends like myself can't reach the green in regualtion, due to a lack of equipment and strong head winds

This is a cop out. You can get equipment at your level to more than make up for the added distance, you just want it tailor made. Learn the faster meter or buy balls to slow it down but until you do you will be crying the GIR blues. I don't see other Legends complaining (anymore.)

FWIW, I played in a Legend AS match last night at Oakmont where my opp was hitting the 275 yard R9 with a Callaway ball. He had no trouble keeping up with my fancy R11 driver and actually out drove me on several holes.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 11:27 AM

YankeeJim:

BacardiAndCoke:
    i just dont agree with holes that Legends like myself can't reach the green in regualtion, due to a lack of equipment and strong head winds

This is a cop out. You can get equipment at your level to more than make up for the added distance, you just want it tailor made. Learn the faster meter or buy balls to slow it down but until you do you will be crying the GIR blues. I don't see other Legends complaining (anymore.)

J', the equipment is there for you now (R9-280) but it is more suited for players w/i15 irons and its faster meter speed. Typically its best to have all your clubs w/the same meter speed.Imo

It appears you are chomping at the bit for the R11 driver (level88 req.) but your current pt. level prohibits the use. Have you thought about the 40% boost drink? You moved up rather quickly through the tiers, so why not keep on the fast track to achieve your goals.      

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:04 PM

look...here's my liiiiiiiiiiiitle violin, tweeeting you omsg.

lol

I'm sorry, but fluck...a month ago Legend tees should be loner to lower the score, now Legned tees ar too long into the winds...

So...make me think...you made Legend onn SA, cause crimeny sakes, 20 MPH at BP is  a walk in the park!

lol

Mooved up tp fast, my bet

play SA too much

My bet

ofcourse, I could be wrong, but ya'll give a "Good humpph hoo"

\lol

Question I ask BAnd C, is how many Oakmont rounds propelled you to you current status of Legend?

Just d4rinking Coors and wondering, but...dang...I know for a fact tomorrow, I still will not wake up whining like  achild.'lol

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:44 PM

lol cmon b&c you have been a legend for ONE week and so many comments about unfairness for legends? obviously its gonna get harder to shoot 58s so maybe just keep plugging away like most of us and actually have a bit of fun. they'll be lots of WDs cos thats how it is - sometimes you get good conditions sometimes not. but asking for shorter holes longer clubs cmon. only way i see to get those is to make another account lol (not an unusual thing in this site).

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Apr 16 2011 9:27 AM

MBaggese:

Question I ask BAnd C, is how many Oakmont rounds propelled you to you current status of Legend?

My best estimate for her: 3 or 4 ranked. I bet she played 99% St Andrews front 9.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sat, Apr 16 2011 9:41 AM

SgtDoodles:

My best estimate for her: 3 or 4 ranked. I bet she played 99% St Andrews front 9.

Miaaaaaow....  Unrequited love can be harsh, Sarge .... LMAO

RSS