Help › Forums

A round with friends

Sun, Feb 5 2017 7:44 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Peterbilt8
    104 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 5:42 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this game but I have been really enjoying it. I thought joining a CC would add to my enjoyment by meeting new online players. Must have joined the wrong one. No one from the CC is ever online, that I can tell. I have had a few pick up rounds but nobody communicated much past 1 syllable answers. OK. No prob. My real world friends aren't gamers although I think a couple of my golfing buddies would enjoy this. Alas no reply from them as to the invite I sent them. I guess I will have to try more tournaments but as a 79 average Winning seems unlikely for now.

I'm open to a friendly round. I'm online weekends and some nights. I don't have a lot of credits to gamble as I am saving for a driver. I wouldn't be opposed to some challenges that were in my range and modest credit risk.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 7:46 PM

Greetings Peter,

You're in a CC that looks to have very little activity and currently have no one on your friends list.  You won't know if anyone is online until you add friends.

To add a friend, click on the player's name you want to add which will take you to their profile.  Then near the top and to the right you'll find "Add Friend" or "Add as a Friend" or something like that.

Good luck!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 8:06 PM

Hi Peter,

Welcome to WGT.

Joining a CC can, and will, add enjoyment to your time here....if you find the right CC. From what I've read of your post, it doesn't sound like you've joined the right one.

I'm not sure if you're here just to gamble or here for the social aspect of the game, but I can tell you that there are CC's that cater to both.

You should take a look in the section of the forums called the "Country Club Corner" and take a look around. There are always CC's looking to recruit new players and they'll let you know what their club is all about and what they expect from their members. This might be a great place to start to find like minded players and that might help you enjoy the game more.

Also, if you find yourself playing random games and come across a player you had a really fun game with....send that player a friend invite and build up your friends list, that way you'll always have someone fun to play with when you can't find a game.

Best of luck to you.

MC

• Peterbilt8
    104 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 6:32 AM

I'll check it out.

Thnx

• Vandwemke
    296 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 2:37 PM

Hello Peterbilt8:

I love this game too and as you have experienced, I was in that boat too so i quit the CC I had joined and built my own.

Feel free to check out my CC and join if you wish, we have shot pal and putter pal. I recently started to aggressively build up a good membership without pressure.

Check us out but, more importantly, have fun.

• MAYDALY
    137 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 11:45 PM

no one plays with you  

i found that out 

very very rare  you will play with a fellow cc members.......... in the in house competitions you get a sense of achievement chasing a score that is reachable on the tees that your owner sets playnagainst your fellow cc memebers   ,,,is a good buzz

playing any of wgts  brackets stroke play matchplay for credits  

you would wanna make sure you are a fairly competent golfer as other players scores are beyond reasonng   

beggers belief  that some of the scores 18 holes  they come out with scores minus 17 18 19 20 

who are these geniuses     lol lol lol lol     the very best irons  and ball  is this games needs

my two cents     open your own club  

get aload of hacks and amateurs  and build slowly 

AND THEY WILL COME

• Peterbilt8
    104 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 7:51 AM

Thank you to everyone. I have been sent friend request (and accepted) & CC invites. I have a question. How do I leave my current inactive CC to join a new CC ? can I just accept the invite and that will make the change for me?

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 8:53 AM

Send a message of intent to your owner Peter then on the club homepage is a Quit Club button. Click it and you're a freeman.

• Peterbilt8
    104 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 1:27 PM

I found it. Thanks again to all.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2017 6:37 AM

PhilEStein:

Click it and you're a freeman.

...but do we know he's religious?

To the OP:

Congrats on joining a great CC.

I've played a round or 2 with some of the folk there and they're stand-up guys.

Oh yeah by the way, check your bag. You might find some irons fell in there.

You need to drop the hybrid, and get a 3rd wedge.

Cheers,

Peter

• PAGES
RSS