A round with friends

Sun, Feb 5 2017 7:44 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2017 6:53 AM

Peterbilt8:

Hi,

I'm new to this game but I have been really enjoying it. I thought joining a CC would add to my enjoyment by meeting new online players. Must have joined the wrong one. No one from the CC is ever online, that I can tell. I have had a few pick up rounds but nobody communicated much past 1 syllable answers. OK. No prob. My real world friends aren't gamers although I think a couple of my golfing buddies would enjoy this. Alas no reply from them as to the invite I sent them. I guess I will have to try more tournaments but as a 79 average Winning seems unlikely for now.

I'm open to a friendly round. I'm online weekends and some nights. I don't have a lot of credits to gamble as I am saving for a driver. I wouldn't be opposed to some challenges that were in my range and modest credit risk.

Howzit

Already replied but thought I'd add a few thoughts.

One of the best things I did after starting here, was read everything I could on how to improve my game.

I obviously never took some of the lessons in, because I'm a below-average Legend at the best of times.

You seem like a good guy, and I encourage you to play as much as you can with your new CC mates and soak up as much knowledge as you can from them.

I fired off a friend request to you and I look forward to playing a round or two with you.

Please DO think about replacing your hybrid with a 3rd wedge though. There are plenty of posts here that talk to that. You already have a decent average, seeing as you are a level 37 Pro, and three wedges will go a long long way to improve your game.

That's just the start though!

You then need to learn the different types of approach shots and how to read the lyin' wind :-)

Good luck mate!

Cheers,

Peter

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2017 8:51 AM

petervcpt:

Oh yeah by the way, check your bag. You might find some irons fell in there.

Cheers,

Peter

Very generous of you Peter.  Cheers!

• Peterbilt8
    104 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2017 7:44 PM

kavvz:

petervcpt:

Oh yeah by the way, check your bag. You might find some irons fell in there.

Cheers,

Peter

Very generous of you Peter.  Cheers!

I saw that! What a wonderful surprise! I am at a loss for words which most people I know would find rare. Thank you and I look forwardf to a game.

Rob

• PAGES
RSS