Sat, Jul 1 2017 12:14 PM (71 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 3:42 PM

Ty for the info Jay - much appreciated.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 3:47 PM

Does anyone know if a society is created on PC, can console players join and vice versa?

Also, after seeing some streamed multiplayer on Young's twitch it seems you actually don't play the round together (i.e. can't see each other shoot), so was wondering if that opened the door for multiplayer across the different platforms?  Anyone know that as well?

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 4:37 PM

kavvz:
    Does anyone know if a society is created on PC, can console players join and vice versa?
    You can not.  Some of the bigger tournaments do have cross platform leader boards though.  You can also play against a friends ghost or pick the #1 guy in the world ghost.  This is great because it shows you how they hit the ball, tempo, etc.  Did they slice every shot?  Did they hit dead center!!.  You can see for yourself.

They do have a turn based option for stroke play but the default for playing with friends is everyone hits at the same time and everyone can see drives going in the air, or balls landing on the green (of other friends).  Makes the rounds go much much faster.  It's a good thing. Play stroke or ALT with 4 people that all take MAX time here and you'll be pulling you're hair out.  Kinda like watching me putt ;).

• pmm711
    5,640 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 6:16 PM

jayw4862:
    Once you hit begin round, it takes about the same time as wgt does to open and get started (less than 10 seconds). After that, once you hit the shot, and it stops, the next shot is immediately right there (not even 1 second). 

Jay, Are you Xbox, PS4, or PC?

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 7:36 PM

pmm711:
    Jay, Are you Xbox, PS4, or PC?

PC (same one I use here) and Logitech M100 Mouse.

**Forgot to add in my semi-review. But JNPG (PP) is the better of the 3 for multi-players. Allows up to 8 at a time, and can be played all 8 single stroke, 2-man teams AS, Match, Best ball, 8 man skins. If I remember correctly, you get to see the other player aiming and hitting. You can choose whether to have a camera follow their balls, only show landing area, or just watch it from your player's view. 

• pmm711
    5,640 Posts
    Fri, Jun 30 2017 8:06 AM

jayw4862:
    PC (same one I use here) and Logitech M100 Mouse.

Jay, 

OK...another question...

The YouTube videos seem to be posted by non-PC purchasers and they are using a game controller where you pull back on the left stick for the backswing and push forward on the left stick to swing.  The right stick adjusts the loft.

How do you swing and adjust loft with a mouse vs. the gaming controller?

And it seems the backswing/swing tempo is critical to success.  I'm thinking as I'm right handed this would be difficult to execute on a gaming controller as that's all done with the left stick. 

And just an FYI...my kids killed me on PS2 NFL, NBA, and other games because it requires two-handed play on a gaming controller.  I'm seeing this as a requirement in order to get good at TGC2 if playing via PS2 or XBox.  I'm assuming the PC Version would better suit me and the manner in which I'm accustomed to playing WGT...yes or no?

Thanks for answering.  And if anyone else can chime in then please do (as in Young46)...LOL

Thanks again!

Paul

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Jun 30 2017 1:01 PM

pmm711:
    How do you swing and adjust loft with a mouse vs. the gaming controller?

Paul, for the swing you hold the left mouse button pull the mouse back then push it forward while keeping your finger on the left mouse button.

For Loft, you hold down the shift key and then use the key board arrows to adjust loft and or draw or fade

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Jun 30 2017 2:19 PM

Shot a 77 first round Jay, off whites on easy course lol

Its tough, just aiming in general is a strange one, no marker as such like here (unless im doing it wrong). Plus chipping and putting is guess work.......not easy so thats fine to me.

Still cant figure how i can join a society when im not even online. Have that thing flashing bottom right as though i amonline........but i need Gold for xbo1 and aint got it.

Watching youtube so will try to figure out what im missing

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Jun 30 2017 5:28 PM

bubbsboy:
    Its tough, just aiming in general is a strange one, no marker as such like here

Bubbs the circle that is transparent is the aimer  , click the Q key and that tells you how far that shot with  that club will go when it moves down the fairway. You have to be at the ball before it will let you move the aimer . You can move the circle with the arrow keys on the key board.

RSS