Help › Forums

ie9

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 29 2011 12:28 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • angryhalfinch
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 4:20 PM

Has anyone else had a problem logging into WGT after downloading Internet Explorer 9? I've tried it three seperate times and every time I can't log in. I ended up uninstalling it and going back to 8.

Thanks, Tim.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 6:15 PM

angryhalfinch:

Has anyone else had a problem logging into WGT after downloading Internet Explorer 9? I've tried it three seperate times and every time I can't log in. I ended up uninstalling it and going back to 8.

Thanks, Tim.

Hi,

yes we are awake of the issues with IE 9.

-wgticon

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 6:53 PM

WGTicon:
    yes we are awake of the issues with IE 9.

??? OK.

• appy2
    613 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 7:24 PM

Just a reminder to some out there on IE 9. If you are running XP as I am you can not load IE 9. It will only support Vista or Windows OS.

appy2

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 9:02 PM

First and foremost, why in the heck are you even using IE? Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Seamonkey, Opera, etc. just to name a few, work 10x better than IE will ever think about. 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 10:19 PM

angryhalfinch:

Thanks, Tim.

Chrome...is the best browser for this game at the moment, I have found

-Roger

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 6:34 AM

The best advice I can give is try all the browsers you can.

Firefox works best for me. It depends on your system configuration.

The only browser I would not recommend is IE, it is a resource hog and most viruses are written specifically for IE.

Happy hitting

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 6:37 AM

Soulcatcher:

The best advice I can give is try all the browsers you can.

Firefox works best for me. It depends on your system configuration.

The only browser I would not recommend is IE, it is a resource hog and most viruses are written specifically for IE.

Happy hitting

and Opera or Chrome Plus works best for me. I will say this, I avoid IE like the plague.

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 6:59 AM

SRWare Iron works pretty good 2

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 7:18 AM

angryhalfinch:

Thanks, Tim.

Yes. IE came with my puter, and I use it alot. I don't have any problems browsing using it, so I d/l'd IE9 to try it here with the game client. It failed just like IE8 did.

The guys are right. Try another browser. I used Chrome for awhile, and now have settled on Iron. Still have problems with the game (meter, occasional lag, etc...) but it is way better than IE while playing.

Initially, when I first came here after installing IE9, I had log-in issues as well as problems posting replies. I messed with the compatibility settings and encoding, and eventually the problems went away. And I no longer have to use compatibility mode here. Something must've changed on it's own. Go figure.

• PAGES
RSS