Help › Forums

Spastic meter

Sun, Sep 10 2017 11:05 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DuwayneCook
    53 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2017 7:50 AM

Maybe someone out there can help me.

All of a sudden my meter has gone spastic ,, I contacted the service department and they tried to help, they told me to play with a smaller screen, and that did help a little bit,

The problem being I'm blind as a bat, ( oh yes these wonderful Golden years ) and really need the bigger screen.

Hopefully someone out there has suffered the same plight and can help me out, I just can't afford to lose any more balls, ( lost three already) I'm now playing with starter balls, so wgt can have all of these they want. Very best to all Duwayne

• Mythanatos
    2,216 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2017 9:24 AM

clear cache. 

see what's running in background on your computer.if picked up some malware can hog system resources.

update flash.

those are all the standard reasons.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2017 10:11 AM

Browser used can make a huge difference.  Firefox just did an update that reportedly made the game unplayable.  I'm using Maxthon 4.9 and have it set up not to update.  I'm also doing a trial on Pale Moon version that was recommended recently in the forum.  It is very smooth.

• gherkinhead1
    246 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2017 10:16 AM

When in a game try shutting down wgt main program,   works for me

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2017 1:27 PM

i had an issue with firefox recently

i un-installed firefox ,,,re-installed it

all good now . try that

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2017 4:01 PM

I use Opera and it works good on my computer. Keep in mind Google Chrome is a resource hog. I could not get a decent meter on my Vista.

Now I have a new Windows 10 and Opera works good. Every Computer is setup different. Like above I clear the cache, cookies and history at the end of the day.

Clean the flash storage every month and run CC Cleaner to delete junk. Do not mess with the registry cleaner unless you know what you are getting rid of.

I used Pale Moon on my XP and Vista and it worked good on them. I have Chrome on here and I shut it down on my task manager before I play.

I hope it helps

• CSBarbarian
    1,625 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2017 4:36 PM

Yeah - Firefox became unplayable.  I switched to Pale Moon.  Nice and smooth.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2017 2:59 AM

CSBarbarian:
    Yeah - Firefox became unplayable.  I switched to Pale Moon.  Nice and smooth.

About 3 years ago, I had an XP and Pale Moon was the best for that computer. I posted that on the Forum back then as a lot of players were having problems.

Pretty soon all browsers will be 64 bit, 32 bit no more .

• TreeTopFlyer57
    79 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2017 1:44 PM

My Firefox also got almost unplayable since the new update last week. I also have and use I.E. and Google Chrome, but Firefox has been my no.1 playing browser as I.E. and Google have a hesitancy issue when trying to hit the ding. Firefox reports when I click without any hesitating but like ya said, since the update, its been really choppy.  Try this, after you open the playing window, "shut the 1st window down". I`ve been doing this for a few days and find that it really does smooth my meter out. Let me know if this helps anybody...

Cheers

Tree 

• Borat74
    2,797 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 5:01 PM

I had the same problem and from advice from Phred i downloaded Pale moon,been sweet ever since as all the other browsers were awful:-)

• PAGES
RSS