Forums

Help › Forums

ranked games

Mon, Nov 6 2017 9:12 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • old1free
    55 Posts
    Wed, Oct 4 2017 9:51 PM
    This morning I played St. Andrews by myself...ranked. Scored -6. I was at 69.35 but nothing changed. I didn't go any lower. Just now played a 9 hole round of 5 pars...ranked. Finished -1, but my 69.35 didn't change. Does it only change when you play a 9 or 18 hole round with other people?
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2017 8:00 AM
    old1free:
    This morning I played St. Andrews by myself...ranked. Scored -6. I was at 69.35 but nothing changed.
    It shows 69.10 so it did change. Sometimes it is best to look out and back in if you do not see the change right away.
    old1free:
    Just now played a 9 hole round of 5 pars...ranked. Finished -1, but my 69.35 didn't change
    Par 5 and 3's do NOT change your average.
    old1free:
    Does it only change when you play a 9 or 18 hole round with other people?
    No, any ranked round except Par 3 & 5's will count ..solo or multiplayer.
  • alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2017 9:38 AM
    old1free:
    This morning I played St. Andrews by myself...ranked. Scored -6.
    Was it a 30 or a 66? Makes a hell of a difference concerning average.
    (nine hole scores are doubled)

=> Please refer to full scores for average questions!

• old1free
    55 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2017 6:15 AM
    18 holes, ranked These past 3 days i have won 3 rounds under par, winning over tour master & master-2 & -1....just now won a 9 hole over another master, 1 under,....no change i don't get it... am i stuck?
  • Pingkin
    512 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2017 8:08 PM
    Matchplay doesn't count, only stroke play! You can play strokeplay with upto 4 players each taking thier turn..or solo.Both will count to your average as long as it is set to ranked not practice mode. Hope this helps.
  • borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2017 11:16 PM

For your average to drop you have to shoot 66 or less on 18 holes and 33 or less on 9 holes

• rdodge
    95 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2017 12:07 AM
    getting a lower score than a higher ranking player has nothing to do with lowering your average , you have to beat the course not the players , other players only bring extra xp for your completed round
  • alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2017 1:41 AM
    old1free:
    18 holes, ranked
    A tad late to refer to your previous status.

And you still do not name the full scores, which is the only relevant number concerning average! Thus, we can't give the answers that you are seeking :(

In general and as a matter of fact, your average is in saturation after more than
    40 rounds as a Master. Only the best scores will modify it now.
    But, don't worry too much about the average right now. You need 40 scores forming a 63.00 average to rise to Tour Master. Quite a journey for you, because, most probably, only scores better than 33 or 66 will be in that mix.
    On the positive side, I've seen a few 30s and 32s in your history - these will count!

A few hints to your equipment:
    chose a less expensive ball - this one is over the top for your equipment.
    Instead, drop your obsolete Beginner's hybrid and rearrange your wedges for a equally spaced triplet below your 115 yd PW. Your 93yd SW doesn't really fit in, so you might want to get an 80+100yd combo to complement your 60yd LW.

Most of all: Continue with fun and hone your skills!

• akk447
    379 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2017 12:29 PM
    WTG answer as usual,,,,, It;s all you! Typical
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2017 12:42 PM
    akk447:
    WTG answer as usual,,,,, It;s all you! Typical
    WGT has never contributed to this topic as many times as it has come up over the years, let alone have an answer to a specific question.

The answers you see here are all just as good as anything WGT won't say.

• PAGES
RSS