*** Release notes 10/31/17 ***

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 14 2017 7:47 AM (90 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 12:11 AM
    NEW
    WGT Plus Membership

Similar to the existing WGT Premium Membership, another option to get great WGT benefits for an entire year is with a new WGT Plus Membership.

Benefits include:

-Earn 50% more XP on all games played
    -Earn 50% more Country Club XP (when using a pass)
    -Extended 36-hour equipment rentals in the Pro Shop
    -Now carry up to 2 Country Club Passes
    -Country Club Passes generate every 8 hours
    Available now in the Pro Shop - great for yourself and as a (really awesome) gift!

Upgrade to Plus

WGT Special Effects

Special golf ball effects are now available to add to any virtual golf ball on WGT.

Choose from your favorite WGT special effects, like popping champagne bottle vapor trails, sparkling fireworks or a flaming inferno, and add them to whichever virtual golf ball you have equipped!

See in Pro Shop

Ben Hogan PTx Irons

Get more out of your irons with these new virtual clubs from Ben Hogan.

Consistent performance and precision, plus increased forgiveness and the right amount of ball flight when you need it.

Unlocks in the Pro Shop at Level 24, Level 54 and Level 75.

November Virtual Tour Tournament

Compete in the Best of Par 5 Challenge tournament this month as part of the 2017 WGT Virtual Tour and post your first round score by 11/25.

The top 70 combined scores in each Pro-Champion tier splitting the total purse prize of 100,000 WGT Credits, plus the winning players in each Pro-Champion tier will display a new "reigning champion" icon next to their player name through the following month.

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

-Enhanced Credit Card Processing Security - Credit card purchase processing on WGT was already secure, but we've enhanced this for even more peace of mind. With this enhancement, you may be asked to re-enter your credit card the first time you make a purchase after this update, but we'll take care of it from there. Stand Bag Plus - Fixed an issue that players with a Stand Bag Plus were having after they used a sleeve of golf balls.
    -WGT After Dark Avatar - Players with the "After Dark" avatar will no longer be invisible when they use topspin or backspin.
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 12:24 AM
    WGTicon:
    Players with the "After Dark" avatar will no longer be invisible when they use topspin or backspin.
    Someone purchased this?
    WGTicon:
    Special Effects Special golf ball effects are now available to add to any virtual golf ball on WGT.
    Yay!!!
    WGTicon:
    November Virtual Tour Tournament Compete in the Best of Par 5 Challenge tournament this month as part of the 2017 WGT Virtual Tour
    Par 5 VT? Gotta get them ball purchases up :-) Good thinkin'!!! Quoted from the "Top Irons : Callaway L97 or L100" thread:
    jayw4862:
    Anything that does come out (with the exception of balls) will only benefit the lower level/tiered players.
    Quoted from the "*** Downtime tonight 9/27/17 ***" thread:
    jayw4862:
    The forum screw-up will never, ever be fixed. 35+ pages? Beating a dead, and rotted, horse. Once they saw that our resident guru, Scott, found a workaround and the info is available for all to see/use, they scrapped the fix-order for the forums....if there ever was a fix-order. I just don't think this was an accident. No reason whatsoever to fool with the forum page during the last downtime. Nothing in the last 5-10-20 updates has benefitted the PC version only. The downtimes are now used for mobile updates/upgrades/additions, maintenance (servers), new low level equipment, weird balls, and clashes. The mobile version gets ALL the love.
    Batting 1000 :-) Icon, I know you're only the messenger, so I ain't jabbing you. Just your employer. "Are you ready for it"? ~ Taylor Swift's new song...kinda fits...or it will when the forumites see the forum isn't back to it's old self.
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 12:29 AM
    I cannot be bothered reading through that block of words......plain to see that the formatting issue has not been resolved.....and

You could not be bothered to use a workaround offered to the community by Scott......pretty disappointing

But of course, formatting does not produce dollars.....

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 12:31 AM
    jayw4862:
    Icon, I know you're only the messenger, so I ain't jabbing you. Just your employer. "Are you ready for it"? ~ Taylor Swift's new song...kinda fits...or it will when the forumites see the forum isn't back to it's old self.
    And if ever a forum post demonstrated the need for the toolbar to be fixed and returned it was Icon's big brick wall of text above.
  • BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 12:33 AM
    I see that the MEDIA BAR isn't fixed. Sorry to see your post reads without any paragraphs, etc. HTML Editor is a mystery for some of us to use. Hope is not lost, as we've been told that WGT is aware of the missing Media Bar and is hard at work to return it to us. It's good to believe that they've been working for the entire month of October so far on this. I hope they find out how to fix it, while they work hard for the coming month of November. It would be nice to get the Media Bar back before 2018.
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 12:34 AM
    Deleted post for redundancy. (i.e. I changed my mind.)
  • BillyMayfair
    4,631 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 12:41 AM

...so much for that information....

This is now absolutely absurd....47 + pages of complaints and it's not addressed at all, and worse, it's totally ignored in the release note.   Icon we know you're just the messenger, but at least the problem needs to be addressed.  Ignoring it isn't going to make the complaining stop, I expect it will only get worse now...

Wayne (BillyMayfair)

• BillyMayfair
    4,631 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 12:42 AM
    deleted...see above....
  • pgturne
    4,661 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 12:48 AM

Totally agree 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 1:09 AM
    Hey, what's this new little thingy next to the WGT Nation pennant, it looks like plus signs. Edit: Ah, I see it's the ball effects.
RSS