8,378 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 10:23 PM
    New Head Of QA
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 10:44 PM
    Jimbog1964:
    New Head Of QA
    Elvis has left the building (in rubble).
  • MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 12:26 AM
    I would so love to see what goes on in the meetings that presumably take place now and then at WGT headquarters. I have an image of a Roman style communal toilet where they sit in the fetid stench of their own crap and come up with ideas that are equally fetid and crappy.

"Hey you guys, isn't it about time we fixed the formatting bug?"

"Bug? There's a bug? I didn't know about that."

"Yeah, seems there are problems doing...well...... anything in the forums and a few members are unhappy about it, been going on for about 5 weeks now."

"Didn't some guy find a way for them to work around that though?"

"Oh yeah. Some dope called Scottish Hoop or something."

"So they can format or what?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Oh well, fukk 'em. Saves us sorting it out. I love it when someone sorts our mess out for us."

"Yep. Now, how else can we screw a bit of cash out of them? I'd kinda like to have separate toiled cubicles, this is all well and good but it does get a bit smelly after a while"

"Well, we gotta be quick, members are leaving in droves. How about we offer premier membership at half the price with exactly half the benefits? Most of 'em are so stupid they'll never notice and once they've bought it they're screwed. We don't have to refund them anything, ever"

"Great idea. Good thing we're still in beta eh."

"So, a bargain that isn't really one, some mid range clubs for the gear freaks and some sparkly balls . Same junk we push out every time really. Sticking to our strengths, that's the way forward. Thank you all, a good meeting."

"Hey, who used all the bog roll?"
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 1:38 AM
    Love it Damian! Gave me a chuckle this morning! :D
  • alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 1:53 AM
    ROTFL!
    MainzMan:
    "Hey, who used all the bog roll?"
    Was that not where the meeting's notes were kept?
  • MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 5:58 AM
    Thanks guys, nice to bring a smile to someone's day.

The thing is though, behind the joke I'm incredibly annoyed and let down by the attitude WGT seem to have adopted over the recent issues. I've been accused of being a WGT employee before due to defence of the game but I'd like to point out that I was defending exactly that: The game. Not WGT.

The game is brilliant, the company that is responsible for keeping it that way is dreadful.

I'll depart on a very positive note though, a thread which shows that there are still wonderful people out there, people prepared to go the extra mile to do something nice for strangers.

Please click here
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 6:13 AM
    MainzMan:
    I'll depart on a very positive note though, a thread which shows that there are still wonderful people out there, people prepared to go the extra mile to do something nice for strangers.
    Totally agree MM, there are wonderful people in this game and they far outnumber the horrible ones. The forums especially is a great help to learning this game. I always appreciated the patience shown by our long term players.
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 9:45 AM
    Yes there are great people here, and that's refreshing. We had someone leave today. Good guy who liked the CC forums banter that WGT killed for many...............................................He is not interested (read that in a meeting please WGT) in pretty new firework trails. The ongoing incompetence / who cares / whatever the cause has consequences. This is what he wrote:..................................................................................................................................................... I appreciate you guys having me for the time I was here. With all the issues with WGT and the lack of time I have to spend here I am going to bail and open my spot for someone else. You guys deserve to have an active member. At this point I am just kinda "meh" about WGT. Just isn't as good as it was a few years ago. Wish you guys nothing but the best and you all have been great hosts. Who knows if things change I might be back knocking on your door to see if you will have me. Good luck to you and God Bless. Greg
  • SEARAY27
    315 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 10:23 AM
    Wgt needs to quit spending all there time on these stupid gimmicks and fix or put back what they messed up with our blog and forum posting abilities that we used to be able to do.
  • Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 10:37 AM
    The real WGT/Top Golf - He may look like an Idiot, and may talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you ! He really is an Idiot !! (Groucho Marx) -
RSS