Forums

Help › Forums

You're know you'e improving....

Thu, Dec 14 2017 1:02 PM (9 replies)
  • Jasonthomas1st
    82 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 7:16 AM

....when you're accused of cheating.

I was initially offended by it, I've been putting the hours in with CC tournaments and matches online. Got myself some better equipment and things have started working out for me, the average is coming down nicely too.

But then I realised I should take it as a compliment, he is a much higher level than me and said that my stats don't support my performance. He wouldn't believe me, as I was (quote) "4 under, no way you're a pro".

Does this happen often?

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 9:47 AM

• Jasonthomas1st
    82 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 9:58 AM

thank you Don

• Jasonthomas1st
    82 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 11:14 AM

Thank you Don

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 11:32 AM

You know you are improving  when you use to loose 10 balls a month   OB ,   now you loose one every ten months.    you know you are improving   when it took you  almost 90 sec to play a shot , now 30 sec seems to be a long wait .  you know you are improving when you hardly go to the forums  for help or to shat .   And last you are improving when you stop  complaining about this game .              Congrats on  your new tier  Jason  you are improving when you get a lot of congrats .              Francois (Frapp)    

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 11:37 AM

Ho Yes forgot to say  ,one day  some guys said I was a cheat .  That was the best compliment I ever got for making it to TM long ago .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 2:38 PM

Jasonthomas1st:
    ....when you're accused of cheating.

LMAO. I saw the title of the thread and came here to tell you what you already discovered. Those ops are the most fun to play because invariably you're thrashing them and usually because they're no good. Or not as good as you so they resort to the old cheater accusation.

Those are the ones you like to beat mercilessly and feel free to rub it in.  ;-)

• AlaskanDame
    19,406 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 4:30 PM
    Proud to have you in my club, Jason. You are, indeed, putting in the time practicing and improving --- and playing in club tournaments. Don't let that other person's comment offend you at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, other posters, but aren't stats cumulative from when you started wgt? So more recent improvements won't really be reflected. Over my years, I've missed a kazillion putts under 5 feet, for instance, but I don't think that's the percentage I miss now. So don't worry about how your stats look, either to you or to other people, Jason. Play and have fun! Cheers . . . . .AKD
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 5:09 PM

AlaskanDame:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, other posters, but aren't stats cumulative from when you started wgt?

Yes, they are and the longer you've been here, the more skewed they are. Imagine playing an easy course like BPB when the best driver in the pro shop couldn't get you close enough off the tee to get a GIR and par was a major achievement. LOL

Take the stats with a grain of salt.  :-)

RSS