3,498 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 5:33 AM

I had an AVG of 67.6, just shot a -4 on 18 my avg went to 67.52

Confused

Gary

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 5:53 AM

It dropped .08.  What's the confusion? Your average will drop every time you shoot under it.

I see it now. That -4 was actually a 68 and probably pushed a higher score out of your history. It used to be your last 14 rounds minus the 4 highest was what was used to compute the average. Not sure if this changed with the tiers but it looks like thats what happened.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 6:35 AM

That's my point, now I have to shoot 5 birdies, then I have to shoot 6 birdies, and so on to get my AVG down.How can that be.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 7:24 AM

How else would you get your average down?I think what you might not be seeing is how slow it moves down and the way it moves down.

The way the system is set up your average actually creeps down by hundredths of a stroke for your good scores. This means no more wild swings in the average, it's more of a compilation of your best rounds over a long period of time. When you shoot below your average you move anywhere from .04 to .20 down, depending on how much better than your average you did. It takes a lot of below average rounds to get that average down to the next tier.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 7:55 AM

Thanks Jim,

It just seems like I'm never going to get to Master, and then you might as well forget Legend, what are we talking 8 -9 birdies per game. Seems impossible at this point.

If you have the time message me and we can set up a game together, it would be my honor.

Gary

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 8:03 AM

You don't need to get 8 or 9 birdies every game, after a certain number of games the system ignores your worst scores. It's different for each tier, I think 40 for master. After this if your worst score of of those 40 is, for example, a 74 and you shoot a 68, the 68 is counted towards your average and the 74 is dropped.

You will eventually shoot enough low score rounds to get to the next tier, it just takes ages. And don't expect shooting 2 under your average to make your average drop by 2, your average is made up of your 40 (as master anyway) best scores divided by 40 so you have to score very low to make a big difference.

You'll get there, don't give up. And when you do it all starts again from scratch.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 8:19 AM

Thanks Mainzman,appreciate the information

Gary

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 8:21 AM

Woodoworkery:
    It just seems like I'm never going to get to Master, and then you might as well forget Legend, what are we talking 8 -9 birdies per game. Seems impossible at this point.

Keep at it Gary - Hello, I am Yancy

I offered up some vidyas on my quest for Master and some other stuff too.

Sincerely, Yancy
    The WGT Alien Ambassadors Country Club

Yancy's WGT YouTube Tootorial & Golfin Tips Vidyas Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/yancycan

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 9:04 AM

Thanks Yancy,

Have to look them up

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 9:54 AM

Woodoworkery:

You might as well forget Legend, what are we talking 8 -9 birdies per game. Seems impossible at this point.

The Legends are either extremely talented at this game, or they're so committed they put in 9-10 ranked rounds a day. Now you do the maths. Simple probability. At least one of those rounds are going to knock out a worse round from the top 20 or so. Keep doing that for a while, and you'll be a Legend. You have the clubs to reach Master, so make it happen my friend.

• PAGES
RSS