Help › Forums

Burner 2.0 iron set (79)

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 25 2011 12:52 PM (8 replies)
  • GreyMack
    60 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 9:43 AM

Hi

Just wondering how much of a difference in meter speed and performance anyone may have noticed between the Burner 2.0 iron set and the Ping G10's?

I found it quite difficult at first with the G10's but it's settled down now and all my clubs have the same meter speed. Going to the new burners makes me wonder am i going to struggle with the irons plus suggested wisdom has always been to try and have the same meter speed throughout your bag.

Anyone any thoughts on these clubs?

• Fredddddy
    177 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 10:10 AM

Buy them not too bad and they are very high and precise.

• GreyMack
    60 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 10:23 AM

Are they much more difficult than the G10's?

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 10:44 AM

It doesn't really matter if they are more difficult to begin with, in time the eye-hand co-ordination will adapt and you will become comfortable with them. The only unknown is just how long it will take you.

These irons are game changers in terms of accuracy and spin and make alternative iron sets redundant in my view.

• RickBarenes
    215 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 11:03 AM

GreyMack:

Are they much more difficult than the G10's?

5-25%rough no problem to get out of and stop a ball on a ants a$$.

Meter is little faster i have them and best clubs on the whole wgt site.All my friends own them now also. It took me 2 days to get use to them worth every penny when shooting for tournaments and fun.Ever since I use them I must help wgt sell over 100 sets and they are great with the sirxon balls and callaways no match great clubs.

• GreyMack
    60 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 11:19 AM

Bought them...currently giving them a test run i'll let you know ;)

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 11:24 AM

tiffer67:

These irons are game changers in terms of accuracy and spin and make alternative iron sets redundant in my view.

I totally agree, they've transformed my game.  And not only do they make other irons redundant, the 3 iron has slapped my R9 3 wood so hard it's afraid to come out of the bag again.  With these irons you could carry 4 wedges and not miss your 3 wood at all.

I only one word needed to describe them, brilliant.  Other players may use different words of course but I can't imagine anyone having anything bad to say about them.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 11:59 AM

Don't tell everybody how good they are. Now they'll all damned well want them. 

• GreyMack
    60 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 12:52 PM

Finished a round at RSTG and not too bad.

I scored badly but not the fault of the irons.

They were a bit faster than the G10's to control but not horrendously so.

I'm cautiously optimistic ;)

RSS