Forums

Help › Forums

Which are the best clubs?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 4 2011 7:40 AM (7 replies)
  • rasher12
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2011 8:23 AM

Just wondering which are the best clubs for someone on level 60 and playing as a master?

I started renting clubs to see which are the best for distance, control and spin however I still have to find ones that suit. Not being tight fisted but I just dont want to keep spending money on renting clubs. At this stage I could have bought a few sets.

Thanks in advance

• adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2011 11:22 AM

Hi rasher

If i were in your position, i'd progress onto the level 59 G10's. In my opinion (for what its worth) the 2nd best iron on wgt. 

On a side note, i see your cc is called Ballina, I had the pleasure of spending a couple of months there a few years back, great town, incredible amount of drinking establishments ! Think i lost a whole week once! 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2011 11:30 AM

rasher12:
    Just wondering which are the best clubs for someone on level 60 and playing as a master?

G10s all day, adeypa's right.  You will have them until you can get the Burners. I would also leave out the HB and get a third wedge.  GL

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2011 11:53 AM

The G10s are great, no doubt. I also had i15s between them and the Burner 2 and found them a big step up, albeit with a fast meter.  If you want to save a few bucks you could certainly keep the G10s until level 79 and the Burners.

Since getting them I've also dropped my 3 wood for most games and play 4 Cleveland wedges. Who needs a 235 yard wood when your 3 iron hits 220 easily, 250 with tail wind.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2011 1:07 PM

MainzMan:
    Since getting them I've also dropped my 3 wood for most games and play 4 Cleveland wedges

I did that with Satins all the way into the Legend tier. Even with the back tees playing those 4 CGs now with no fairway wood works.

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2011 1:16 PM

MainzMan:

The G10s are great, no doubt. I also had i15s between them and the Burner 2 and found them a big step up, albeit with a fast meter.  If you want to save a few bucks you could certainly keep the G10s until level 79 and the Burners.

Since getting them I've also dropped my 3 wood for most games and play 4 Cleveland wedges. Who needs a 235 yard wood when your 3 iron hits 220 easily, 250 with tail wind.

Well the 3 wood comes in handy for the 2 par 5's @ RSG in the qualifier. I have eagle both of them twice, however the last time I eagled # 7 this morning it was with a 15 or so yard pitch from off the green. Also those 2 long par 3's needs a 3 wood if the wind is in your face unless you punch a driver. They can be reached with the burner 3 iron with the right wind but if the wind is wrong you will end up way too short. 

Concerning which irons he might want. You shouldn't forget the Level 63+ Taylor Made Tour preferred. They are only slightly less precise than the Level 59+ G10's and the extra spin comes in handy. The medium trajectory doesn't hurt you that much due to the extra spin. 

Both the I 15's and the Level 79+ Taylor Made Burner 2.0 are great club sets if you can handle the faster meter speed. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2011 2:46 PM

Going with 4 wedges concedes the occasional eagle try and conceding par on some holes in the wrong wind. The question you ask yourself is which club will I use more?

• rasher12
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2011 7:40 AM

Thanks all for the advice. And your right adeypa you can lose more than a week there

RSS