Forums

Help › Forums

Driving average

Thu, Jul 14 2011 11:52 PM (8 replies)
  • SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 1:44 AM

When I look at my stats I see something saying driving-average. I have two question about this. 

1. Do they count all drives (including the ones ending up in rough etc)?

2. When I "chicken out" with lets say a 3 wood from tee, will that be taken into the driving average statistics? Or is it only shots taken with the Big guy that counts?

note: with average i meen average distance.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 11:59 AM

That ave. is the percent of times you land in the fairway. I don't think the 3W counts from the tee but it should. As a matter of fact all clubs hit off the tee should count in the average. JMHO.

P.S. The average distance is also in your stats, but I'm not sure if all clubs besides the driver counts.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 12:26 PM

SweetiePie91:

No. In order for a drive to make that average it has to be in the fairway.

SweetiePie91:
    2. When I "chicken out" with lets say a 3 wood from tee, will that be taken into the driving average statistics? Or is it only shots taken with the Big guy that counts?

Duffer's right, only the driver counts off the tee. There's a good example at RSG-the hole where you can't hit a driver from the tee-it puts you in bad rough so you have to use a 3w or less (dogleg left-can't rem #.) You don't get credit in your driving % for hitting the fairway there.

• SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 3:49 PM

i drive on average about 45 miles a day

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 4:45 PM

SkeeterZ71:
    i drive on average about 45 miles a day

I hope it's not on the I405 in LA. They're closing the main artery from the SF Valley to the San Berdu Fwy for repairs-I101 to I10. They're calling it Carmageddon. Serious.

• SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 12:03 AM

I didnt meen the % of fairway hits, I ment the statistics how long you hit the Driver in average. But if I should get you right only the Driver counts there too.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 4:06 PM

Your right on that one sweetie. I think there will be an update in the future that will allow the 3W to count also as stated in the PGA rule book.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 10:25 PM

YankeeJim:

SweetiePie91:

No. In order for a drive to make that average it has to be in the fairway.

SweetiePie91:

Duffer's right, only the driver counts off the tee. There's a good example at RSG-the hole where you can't hit a driver from the tee-it puts you in bad rough so you have to use a 3w or less (dogleg left-can't rem #.) You don't get credit in your driving % for hitting the fairway there.

I thought I read on a forum that a drive must land in the fairway to count, so if it kicks out its not used. Maybe I'm worng, if so please correct me.

• SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 11:52 PM

KingOfTheCourse:
    I thought I read on a forum that a drive must land in the fairway to count, so if it kicks out its not used. Maybe I'm worng, if so please correct me.

That seems wierd to me. All driver that ends up on fairway, however it got there, should count as fairway hit. Else we need to make those land on fairway and ends up in rough count as fairway hit too lol (I'm not serious). 

RSS