Forums

Help › Forums

Total Backspin

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 31 2011 11:03 AM (20 replies)
  • JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 1:15 PM

Yeah, the lower level Clevelands and the Satins will mostly just stop, not back up unless it's a slight downslope.  The upper level Clevelands?  I've back one up that landed next to the pin on SA and had a 27y shot from off the green as my next shot LOL.  That was when I first got them.  Generally, I don't play the backspin with them at all because they stop so damn well without it.  I play backspin on short shots with the 64 degree because they will roll 1-2y and stop.  Outside 35-36y, I usually won't even play bs with them.

• lkubiak1017
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2011 7:04 AM

G,

Thanks so VERY much for your reply to the Canadian guy, about backspin. I've only JUST joined wgt a few days ago, and I've been trying to figure out why backspin doesn't work when I want it to--and NOW I understand. (And out of curiousity, does that same thing apply to FORWARD spin, too?) I can only think there are elements like these that those of us that're new--don't find out til we're so pissed, we can't see straight. 5:00am this morning, screaming at my PC because my shot to the green went WAY past the pin. Ahhh....I'm finally catching on. Bit by bit. Thanks for the wisdom.

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2011 12:02 PM

JaLaBar:

Yeah, the lower level Clevelands and the Satins will mostly just stop, not back up unless it's a slight downslope.  The upper level Clevelands?  I've back one up that landed next to the pin on SA and had a 27y shot from off the green as my next shot LOL.  That was when I first got them.  Generally, I don't play the backspin with them at all because they stop so damn well without it.  I play backspin on short shots with the 64 degree because they will roll 1-2y and stop.  Outside 35-36y, I usually won't even play bs with them.

The higher level Clevelands will back up any ball. I have even backed up the free ball 3 or 4 yards before.

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2011 9:05 PM

TWOMINUSONE:

Heres a nice Backspin shot, didnt go in, but shows the beauty of the spin. Hope it still works, lol.

•  

Watched your shot (retitled your replay) and as I saw it roll away from the hole I thought to myself "Aw that sucks" Then it starts coming back off the hill I'm thinking "Beauty indeed"

Sweet shot

Happy Golfing

Joe

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2011 9:19 PM

Callaway (S) and Clevland wedges will give yu all the spin you want..  flat green or whatever..  you can hit a bit further and enjoy the applause as the clevo, spins a ball 1y backwards into the cup.

HOWEVER...  Calla's and Clevo's are hard to tame.

Clevo's are the best wedge no doubt..  mix them up with a Srixon ball and take the bite out of the spin.

• cole1234
    50 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2011 9:48 PM

nice! I just use the cheap 10 credit wgt balls. For me they are perfect. They don't provide decent backspin but just enough to where they can stop and get close to the hole.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 5:06 AM

DuffyWaldorf:

TWOMINUSONE:

Heres a nice Backspin shot, didnt go in, but shows the beauty of the spin. Hope it still works, lol.

•  

Watched your shot (retitled your replay) and as I saw it roll away from the hole I thought to myself "Aw that sucks" Then it starts coming back off the hill I'm thinking "Beauty indeed"

Sweet shot

Happy Golfing

Joe

Thanks Duffy, i kinda sat there with a stunned look on my face after the shot. Thanks for the Link re-name.

• sedat850
    8 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 6:14 AM

you cant get realy much that backspin whit those starters clubs

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 8:29 AM

Cleveland Wedges are Awesome

With my limited skills, here's a quickie on changing the name on your replay

• paste your replay
    • select HTML from the tool bar
    • the selection above that I have highlighted between the >     < is where you rename your shot
    • select update and Voila

Once again, great shots guys.

hpurey United States
    TWOMINUSONE Ireland

cole1234 United States

Happy Golfing

Joe

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 8:45 AM
RSS