Forums

Help › Forums

Just venting

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 6 2019 4:57 PM (24 replies)
  • santa084
    114 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2019 7:18 PM

I would like to apologise. This has nothing to do with golf. I had someone steal a bill that I had mailed and washed my check, and tried to cash it. The bank W***f**go called me to see if I wrote this chk. No I said. So they gave back his ID. Sent him on his way. Now the bank won't give me any info on it. What can I do. Any info would be appreciated. I apologise once again. Just mad.   Santa

• AirMadere
    287 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 5:36 AM

That's real easy , if the bank you deal with is that stupid . Don't you think its time for a CHANGE , just saying . AIR

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 5:40 AM

Feel sorry for you but folk can't help much on here .

I can suggest you visit and speak to bank manager .

If you don't receive good customer service from that manager then change banks.

P.S can I have a tank and an action man for Xmas. 

;-)

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 6:53 AM

bubbsboy:
    P.S can I have a tank and an action man for Xmas. 

Now….do you want the tank the action man fits in, I had one as a kid….he had eagle eyes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 8:06 AM

AirMadere:

That's real easy , if the bank you deal with is that stupid . Don't you think its time for a CHANGE , just saying . AIR

Wait a second here. The bank saved him some grief by calling him about something suspicious. That's some serious bank service, IMO.

His complaint is that they won't give him details about the guy trying to rip him off. And they never will, banks just won't divulge that info. Been there.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 9:10 AM

Perhaps the person trying to deposit/cash the check was not the party responsible for the crime but another victim. If someone accepted a fraudulent check then they are the true victim. Check washers, like counterfeiters,  probably know that banks would be the last place to to try to pass a fraudulent check. 

The bank most likely told the person to go to the police to report the crime. Since the bank did not honor the check neither they nor the OP suffered a loss.

• BogeyOne
    1,987 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 9:26 AM

Fellow goes to a bank to get a check cashed.

Teller says I need some ID.

Fellow takes out his wallet, fishes through it, and hands the teller a library card.

Teller says that's not good enough.

Fellow fishes around and offers his fitness club membership card.

Teller says that is still not good enough. I need something with a picture on it.

Fellow takes out one of his business cards, turns it over, and quickly draws a tree on it.

Teller says I'm sorry that is still not good enough.

Fellow says, "What ?  Do you have to be an artist to get a check cashed here ??!!!

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 11:01 AM

You will have to go to the Police and file a report . Tell them everything that happened and they will go to the bank . The bank will then give any and all information to the detective handling the case .  That way you can find out through the detective who the person was as it was probably someone in your neighborhood .

• AirMadere
    287 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 11:22 AM

Well ill beg to say differ Jim , serious bank service would have been to call the police then . or at least keep there id for the police don't you think , it was nice they informed him of the issue , but no it wasn't serious bank service IMO . AIR

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 11:24 AM

YankeeJim:
    Wait a second here. The bank saved him some grief by calling him about something suspicious. That's some serious bank service, IMO.

I don't know about everyone else - but this is standard for every financial institution that I deal with.  I get a text for anything out of the ordinary that asks if they should proceed with the transaction.

There are limits to what a bank can disclose, I am sure, but there is a responsibility to report a suspected crime to the police if it occurs.  I don't know if this was a direct crime that should be reported or not, just making a general statement for a specific problem.

The suggestion to talk to a bank manager (if possible) is a good one and may clarify the matter.

RSS