Help › Forums

Just venting

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 6 2019 4:57 PM (24 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,987 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 12:15 PM

lonniescott711:

That way you can find out through the detective who the person was as it was probably someone in your neighborhood .

I seriously doubt a detective is gonna divulge the identity on the grounds that it could encourage vigilante activity.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 1:03 PM

BogeyOne:

lonniescott711:

That way you can find out through the detective who the person was as it was probably someone in your neighborhood .

I seriously doubt a detective is gonna divulge the identity on the grounds that it could encourage vigilante activity.

Actually they will . They will try to identify the person any way they can . Including by showing them any pictures they may have . So unless the bank has a copy of the persons ID then its by any means necessary . All law enforcement wants to know is if they will prosecute once they catch the person .  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 1:12 PM

AirMadere:

Well ill beg to say differ Jim , serious bank service would have been to call the police then . or at least keep there id for the police don't you think , it was nice they informed him of the issue , but no it wasn't serious bank service IMO . AIR

On the contrary, banks aren't in the police business, their responsibility is to YOU. By safeguarding their customer's interests they perform their duty.

Like DL, I get text messages on any transactions in my bank account AND credit cards. Nothing goes on without me knowing about it and I depend on my bank for that good service.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 1:21 PM

santa084:

No I said. So they gave back his ID. Sent him on his way. 

Think you all missing the point of what Santa wasnt happy about, and the reason i responded to him.

P.S Yip, mine had eagle eyes as well, suede hair cut and scar on face, those where the days.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 2:01 PM

No "felony" crime is committed "until" the "bank" OK's the check anyway! They chose not to, they aren't the police!

I say the bank did you a solid...

OHHH, all my Credit Cards and bank accounts contact me on a regular basis if "anything" looks fishy!

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 6:01 PM

I just wanted to make sure the person doesn't live in my neighborhood. I asked the bank why they didn't call the police, she said because it happens all the time. Well that's because the bad guys are right in front of you and you just sent him on his way.

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Sun, May 5 2019 7:29 AM

fatdan:
    No "felony" crime is committed

An attempt to commit a crime is conduct intended to lead to the commission of the crime. It is more than mere preparation, but it falls short of actual commission of the intended offense.

This is a prosecutable offense...

"Intent" however, is not...

Then, there is conspiracy, if two or more people are involved. It is a felony, as well.

The bank followed the simplest protocol in today's service market. If you're a regular depositor, and know some of the personnel, you stand a better chance of the banking industry taking a more personal role in your accounts.

If anything outside of my regular transactions are presented, my bank calls me directly.

I can't remember the last time I was called, thankfully.

This is one area of life I need not worry about. Pays to know, and treat your banking personnel well...

Just noticing the finger nail polish, and commenting on it, will make a woman's day, and you, something to remember. The male ones, like a decent joke once in a while...

They're people in a repetitive job. Everyone smiles when you deliver a compliment towards something, someone has taken time to enhance, for their own benefit. Others noticing these incidences are not so easily forgotten.

It's also free. The disconnect of humanity is a sad state of affairs, globally.

Make a difference every day. A smile will get you one in return, post haste...

First line of defense to keeping what's yours, yours......

---------------------<*{{{{{-(

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, May 5 2019 8:25 AM

fatdan:

No "felony" crime is committed "until" the "bank" OK's the check anyway! They chose not to, they aren't the police!

The first felony was when the check was stolen in the mail . The theft of mail is  a felony in its self . The value of the check can also determine a felony . To fraudulently cash a check or attempt to  is another felony . Then there is also possession of stolen property which yes can be a felony also . 

So there are many charges that can be applied to this simple action . A report filed with the Post Master General will also cause another investigation at the federal level . Thats when if needed the FBI would be contacted to handle it . 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, May 5 2019 9:46 AM

santa084:

I just wanted to make sure the person doesn't live in my neighborhood. I asked the bank why they didn't call the police, she said because it happens all the time. Well that's because the bad guys are right in front of you and you just sent him on his way.

Yip. As per my posts I had a feeling that was the part you were venting on.

Until folks went their way discussing wether it was a crime or not.

Be well and yeah I find it strange they would do that after alerting you and finding out the person in front of them was committing or trying to commit fraud.

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Sun, May 5 2019 10:12 AM

gonfission:

Just noticing the finger nail polish, and commenting on it, will make a woman's day, and you, something to remember. The male ones, like a decent joke once in a while...

They're people in a repetitive job. Everyone smiles when you deliver a compliment towards something, someone has taken time to enhance, for their own benefit. Others noticing these incidences are not so easily forgotten.

It's also free. The disconnect of humanity is a sad state of affairs, globally.

Make a difference every day. A smile will get you one in return, post haste...

Truth.

You need to get together with LadyChipper and create more motivational posts!!

RSS