Forums

Help › Forums

low scores

Sat, Aug 27 2011 6:16 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • brandimarti
    10 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 10:16 AM

how in the world are players shooting in the upper 20's and 50's in the lower tier tournaments ? scoring seems to be unbalanced  !!    based on the equipment available to a lower level/tier player some of these scores dont seem possible !!!! If you can only hit a 220/240 yrd drive there is no way to be 7-10 undeer par for 9 holes !!!! and if you do post an unbelievable low score should you not move up to the next tier ???  tiers dont seem to really make a difference based on scoring posts i notice ? every tier in the tournaments the leader is crazy under par !  lol  ! 

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 12:10 PM

EDIT:

Don't underestimate what a player can do with time on their hands.  In the past, it was possible to move to a lower tier simply by cheery picking best rounds to artificially lower averages.  Today, you need to play for a while before moving.  Keep in mind that when you play in a tier based game, lower tier players play a much easier course.  It is also possible to get some of the best equipment available by simply playing everyday which can increase your Level rapidly but does not move you to a lower tier.  The Level at which we play is what unlocks equipment, not our tier or how low our scoring average goes. 

In my opinion, these areas need to be addressed by WGT...we already have players, playing in the higher tiers, using the same equipment as Legend players because of this.  

Joey  

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 12:36 PM

I think a lot of ex-legends have become disillusioned and are starting again.

• Aslemko
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 2:35 PM

It seems obvious to me that there is some way to cheat at this game which only some know about.

• brandimarti
    10 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 4:21 PM

I agree ! i still notice an amat/pro tier at say level 28-35  shooting 29/30 and /or a 59/61 in the free tourn !!!  if tiers are based on score then they should immed  adance to next tier which then should balance thelower tiers ? when you start this game its hard to break 75 with what your equipped with even if you get a mid range driver !! id hate to say theres a cheat but i play match play/alt shot and have yet to play with someone who even comes close to showing the ability to shhot ridiculous scoresi see posted !!! ive played against almost every tier equipped with top clubs and balss and its always equall in scores !!! anybody out there have an answer ????

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 1:18 AM

There is always the possibility of a multi-accounter taking advantage of what they've learned and started over.  I've been here over 2 years...when I started, I couldn't believe those really low scores...I thought they were impossible and maybe some cheating was going on.  Now that I understand the game more, I know those scores are attainable to those that play a lot, have some talent and can afford the best equipment and balls.  But if you think someone is violating the T&C...by all means report them to WGT. 

Joey 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 2:12 AM

There is only one solution to your problem.... hurry up and get to the Legends Tier. I think It's a bit more fairer than the lower one's.

Cheers

Roger

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 5:57 AM

Brandi, i also thought the same for a long time. I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw some of those scores going up. Then 1 day out of the blue, i went and hit a 58 score in an 18 hole open. I just sat there after the game with the biggest buzz i think i ever had playing any game. I havent been able to reach that height again since, but it has proved beyond doubt to me that it can be done. I am only here a year playing the game, but some of the best are here since the game first came out. They know every nook and cranny in the game. I take my hat off to them. Top class.

As for the scores in the lower tiers, then i see what your talking about. I agree with some of the comments about other players re-starting again after becoming disillusioned with the game. But you must remember that there are players out there who will pay to play. Meaning they will buy what it is they need to advance quickly. A few weeks playing with the best gear you can get will shave a load of strokes off your game. 

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 6:56 AM

I just don't get what a player gains for starting a new account.

Say I start over. I go win a bunch of tiered tournaments at 600 credits a piece. With those low scores I get moved up in tiers eventually, right?

So I'm being moved up in tiers and back on the tees. I have to buy new equipment at some point to shoot those scores so there goes the credits I won. I start winning at the next tier accumulating more credits and shooting low scores. I get moved up again and need better equipment. Spend credits.

I guess what I'm asking is what does the player really gain by starting a new account? They can't buy anything tangible with their earnings. I think the lowest priced item in the elite section is 165,000 credits. That would take awhile to earn even winning premium tournaments. And I would think WGT would catch on to ONE player winning every premium tournament before they would pay them off for each one.

So eventually the player that starts over has to start over again at some point, correct? Once they do that they can't gift anything to the new account that doesn't fall within the new accounts tier. They can't gift credits.

I just don't see the point.

I can see where the advantage would be if they only played match play for credits. That's the main reason I don't play match play.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 8:11 AM

Like  you said there must be a cheat,there is in Every game on the net or whatever .just sad too see  people  having too do this. i  played a guy in blitx other day 1 foot from  hole every hole n 2 aces,cant tell me thats  luck?  can  u?

• PAGES
RSS