Forums

Help › Forums

Desktop vs Steam

Fri, Feb 17 2023 1:42 PM (20 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 2:27 PM

BogeyOne:
    I seem to have just lost $2.99 plus tax trying to get one of these.  I made the mistake of thinking that since the game installed using Steam Play on my linux system that these bundles would too.  Wrong.

I'm not sure if this thread will help or not, the first reply maybe?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 3:14 PM

DodgyPutter:

BogeyOne:
    I seem to have just lost $2.99 plus tax trying to get one of these.  I made the mistake of thinking that since the game installed using Steam Play on my linux system that these bundles would too.  Wrong.

I bet you are right. The claim button. I have seen it before

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 3:17 PM

BogeyOne:

DonCaron:

That Stinks.

Did you try logging out an back in, and checking it again?

Yes but to no avail. Perhaps because this is a weekend and the money from the bank shows as pending, the steam people's system is waiting for the money to actually clear the bank. But that is a long shot of hopeful thinking on my part.  I did immediately get the message while in steam that the purchase was successful and that the bundle was in my library which it was not. Oh well, only $3.30 tax and all.

I posted this so that other linux users would not make the same mistake with the $19.99 bundle which would remove about 23 bucks or so from their bank account.

Where it says Inbox, above the Spin and Scratches

• BogeyOne
    1,987 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 8:00 PM

DodgyPutter:

Spot on!  Got the goodies using your information. The 20,000 coins I received were nice as were the 500 credits, but what I was really glad to get were the six Bridgestone Ultra Slow Meter balls. What a deal.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2020 6:04 AM

BogeyOne:
    Spot on!  Got the goodies using your information. The 20,000 coins I received were nice as were the 500 credits, but what I was really glad to get were the six Bridgestone Ultra Slow Meter balls. What a deal.

You're certainly right, steam customers seem to get comparatively much better deals.  Currently the "Birdie Bundle" would cost me £3.99 and I'd get the L38 TM grind 52 degree wedge and the L39 60 degree (cost 695c each) and 750c (some coins too).

For £4 on flash I get 400c.

In credits alone they're getting nearly twice as many for their money.  If you didn't need these wedges then (persumably) you could sell them and there's another 348c.  So, at worst, steam players get 1098c to my 400c.

I don't even see the benefit to wgt, the money for the bundles goes to Steam and persumably they give a lesser amount to wgt at a later date, more then £3 of the £4 would be a surprise.

Is it the massive amount of new sales Steam bring? 

Month

Avg. Players

Gain

% Gain

Peak Players

Last 30 Days

-0.95%

July 2020

-9.84%

June 2020

-7.82%

May 2020

-10.33%

April 2020

-

-

I truely doubt it; the numbers playing on Steam started on a par with a large CC and have dropped by 25% from there. I'd think many of these people came from here so were existing customers anyway.     

Anyway, in summary everyone that buys credits is better doing it on steam, if you're daft and stroppy enough to think "they're not going to force me to join/download something I don't want to just to get a fair deal" I sympathise. 

• GolfNomad
    301 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 12:08 PM

I deleted the game from Steam as the desk top launcher has more options and probably less gateways to deal with..seems more lag going through more doors. 

• BailingOut
    2 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2020 12:42 AM

I play the steam version, and I played with just the desktop launcher, same. The one that  stinks is the flash version but that the only one I seem to be able to play CC events. Steam or launcher both say they can't connect to the CC event. Why do the CC event have to be on flash only? Its harder to play worth a damn on it

RSS