Forums

Help › Forums

Somethings wrong

Mon, Dec 10 2012 3:43 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Davemuck63
    303 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 3:38 PM

Is anyone having trouble with the game this evening ?.  Did I miss something ?, is WGT down for maintenance this evening ?.  I can sign in to my profile and I can go and pick the game I want to play, once the round has loaded I can't use the swing meter or move the cursor to move my aiming point.

Any advice/help with be much appreciated.

Thanks

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 4:00 PM

Sounds flashy to me...go to flash...delete all sites...close browser and come back...see if it helps. If you don't already know , you can find flash storage manager in system requirements right over there  ~~~~>

If you have customized your "game settings" , you'll have to re-customize them when you return.  

GL ,    Ace

• Davemuck63
    303 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 4:39 PM

Still doesn't work. sorry to say.  I've deleted all sites, deleted cache, I've done everything that you have suggested.  I went over to----------> and followed all the recommended actions, still a no go.

Everything was working just fine last night and then I went and did the adobe flash update and this seems to have done something. I wonder if removing the adobe flash player and then re-installing it would do anything........could hurt I suppose.

Thanks very much for the advice, much appreciated.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 5:15 PM

Davemuck63:
    I went and did the adobe flash update

Did you restart your computer after the update?

• Davemuck63
    303 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 5:18 PM

Yes.  All the youtube videos play just fine (they use flash I think ?) and any other games on Facebook (that use flash) seem to work just fine.

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 6:08 PM

Yeah, quit the game because nothing responses like it should. Greens speeds are wrong . breaks  are off and the occasional meter jumps come from out of the blue. Almost as if someone was doing it on purpose.

have played 3 days with "very fast greens" acting like normal or slow greens. Did I miss an announcement or is this something wgt does to players who still have starter clubs at Master level. I played today on Bethpage with a foursome of friends and one of them was having so many problems , he quit the game. I am pretty tired of the control factor wgt uses on the clubs. I know this is a way a player can get upset and upgrade to a better set of clubs and wgt makes money. Interesting how you set the characteristics of those clubs and you tell me it's just the characteristics of my starter clubs to do what they do. I'm no idiot and don't believe any of that. It's a trick to get us to spend money. I can understand you don't want me to beat a player who has spent money but it's a little extreme when a Pro beats a Master by 3 strokes. And it seems that when I'm playing with Master's I will get a good start and then things happen to my clubs. Either the swing is to short a lot or to long for the distance. I have been trying very hard to bring my average down but it seems some one else is causing things to happen to cause more strokes. Check my scores for the last month and see how many times I had +3 when playing with other Master's. I'm tired of the manipulation this game allows and I hope you will make the appropriate changes to clear these problems. I accepted your invitation to join WGT Nation thinking that would give me an ability to advice changes that need to be addressed but so far I have found it doesn't make any difference. I will continue to try to get survey credits to upgrade my clubs but in the mean time I would appreciate you putting my starter set back to what it was when I was a Tour Pro. I don't think there is anyone out there who wouldn't want to upgrade their clubs but if their game is ridiculously terrible every other time they play, why would they even want to stay in the game. You loose them and that's not good customer service at all. You can't tell me your not making enough money I see the ads that pop up before a game is loaded and between each tee. This is good, you make money that helps pay the bills. Don't destroy your customer base by aggravating  them so much they quit. Ok, I'm off the soap box but fix the issue and a lot of people will be very happy to support you later and always. Thank You

• appy2
    613 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 8:27 PM

Davemuck63, sometimes it does help to restart after installing up dates from Flash Player. This will then be accepted by your PC. Should that not help then uninstll and reinstall Flash. Just remember you have to restart after each of those.3putt is right.

Roger

• Davemuck63
    303 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 1:32 PM

Thanks everyone.  After the 3rd re-install of my flash player it seems o.k. now.  Thanks everyone for the comments and help.

Dave

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 10:53 AM

Adding this to my complaints. Everytime I finsh a game it says the game will not be counted because I forfieted it. If I infish a gameWGT, I am not forfieting at the last minute. If you are helping me keep my average from going up when I have a terrible game then thanks but I don't think that's whats happening. I've heard from others about the same situation so just reiterating the same problem. Seems to me that  all these problems started when you changed progams and added some new things. It worked pretty well the way it was and was more enjoyable then. Hope you get it fixed because we all love the game.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 11:09 AM

pipeman1370:

Adding this to my complaints. Everytime I finsh a game it says the game will not be counted because I forfieted it. If I infish a gameWGT, I am not forfieting at the last minute. If you are helping me keep my average from going up when I have a terrible game then thanks but I don't think that's whats happening. I've heard from others about the same situation so just reiterating the same problem. Seems to me that  all these problems started when you changed progams and added some new things. It worked pretty well the way it was and was more enjoyable then. Hope you get it fixed because we all love the game.

It's just a bug. It'll be fixed soon. It doesn't affect anything.

• PAGES
RSS