Forums

Help › Forums

In The Drink Award is Mine!

Sat, Jun 18 2011 11:42 AM (54 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 10:00 AM

You are correct.  The "In the Drink" award is easy.  The difficult one to achieve is the "Have a Drink" award... gotta know MisterWGT for that one.

• GambitMaia
    93 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 10:09 AM

Doublemochaman:

You are correct.  The "In the Drink" award is easy.  The difficult one to achieve is the "Have a Drink" award... gotta know MisterWGT for that one.

What would it be? Hitting par or better with the screen spinning around and a puking mood?

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 10:16 AM

It is very easy at 1 @ St. Andrews with the front pin position. I made a birdie once with a pitch in after hitting the water there. If the ball had gone a yard less that pitch in would have been an eagle. Oh well. 

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 10:53 AM

Not had this award before, but thought I'd give it a try on St Andrews #1.  With a 24mph tail wind wasn't difficult to hit my drive into the burn short of the green.  Flopped it over and sunk the par putt... BUT NO AWARD!!!

Does it need to be a ranked game?  I did it in practice mode.

• GambitMaia
    93 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 11:08 AM

MioKontic:

Not had this award before, but thought I'd give it a try on St Andrews #1.  With a 24mph tail wind wasn't difficult to hit my drive into the burn short of the green.  Flopped it over and sunk the par putt... BUT NO AWARD!!!

Got mine the same way, buy with a 20mph sidewind which sent me straight to Swilcan Bridge. A beautiful picture for the 2nd (3rd) shot.

And the game needs indeed to be ranked.

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 9:00 AM

I've done it twice now. #1 at St A.   

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 11:15 AM

Just tried it again.  Had to restart 3 times I think due to wind being in wrong direction and therefore not able to reach the burn (down the left side), but managed it in the end.

Shalln't bother with the next one.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 3:40 PM

Tin In The Drink

Tin In The Drink

Anybody need one?...;D

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 5:01 PM

MioKontic:

yes for stats to count they have to be done in a ranked round. Stats don't count in practice rounds. 

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2011 5:34 AM

Played a RG a short while ago at St Andrews.  30mph wind howling left and right and slightly behind.  So, aim well left with 3w... then miss the ding miles late and you end up in the burn on the right!  Bye bye 300c Callaway, and not a good start for a Ready-Go!!!  80 something yards to go, I put my 3rd shot inside 2 yards and sink the putt.

CONGRATULATIONS!  YOU HAVE WON THE TIN IN THE DRINK AWARD.

Hang on a minute!!! I already won that before!!!!  And I have proof, see my earlier post.

All I can think is that because I didn't finish that round the award was taken away from me.  Very selfish WGT, cos I did already get it!  When looing at what awards I had a few days ago I noticed it had a 0 against that award.  I was going to ask about that but then couldn't be bothered.

RSS