Help › Forums

MATCHPLAY CHALLENGE

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:38 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • trabjerg
    6 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 11:10 AM

I was of the opinion that the matchplay challenge was/ is the place to play for credits - unfortunate a lot af players use this space to play ordinary matchplay - please if you DON`T want to play for credits use the other matchplay. thx. Trabjerg

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 12:55 PM

How about this as an idea, if legally possible.  When setting up a game, allow the participants to agree on odds.  Up to a maximum of 4:1 odds (based on 20% rake). WGT can still get their 20% cut off the top which is a lot more than if the match is not played at all!!!

Player A agrees to give player B 3 to 1 odds in the match because Player A is clearly a better and more established player than Player B.  The match is for 100cr but player A has 300 credits withheld.  

(100cr + 300cr) - 20% = 320cr pot.

Net result in this situation is only +20cr if player A wins and -100cr for player B, with 80cr to the house.  The other way around would be -300 if player A loses and +220cr for player B.

IMO this would allow a lot more people to be comfortable in entering a match with some one that is much better than them.  Right now it is really frustrating trying to find people that will play against the likes of myself and the other upper end Masters on the site.

P.S. win win for WGT.... more matches played and higher take!

P.P.S.  Just throwing out some numbers.... these could be changed....

Let me know what you all think!

Didn't mean to hijack trabjerg, but yes I agree with you %1000000!!!

• FreddieLove
    58 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 1:02 PM

Or just make it a minimum buy in of 100 or 50 credits per game.

Freddie

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 1:11 PM

IMO this would allow a lot more people to be comfortable in entering a match with some one that is much better than them

Does this mean that because I stand to win 3 times what I wagered I have a chance to beat you? I think not. Now, if you want to spot me a hole or 3 I might be induced to contribute to the AL Fund. :)

YJ

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 1:13 PM

Or you could catch me on an off day... It's been known to happen.

• Kevap
    35 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 1:57 PM

I've seen many of players when I show up in their match play challenge game go directly to a match play without offering up any credits. Almost everytime this happens, I am a big favorite to win the match. I believe this is the reason why players don't offer credits and go directly to a match play game. Obviously they don't want to lose credits if they don't have a chance to win.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 1:58 PM

I don't participate in these $$ matches, but from what I hear people forget to bet. Why not implement an activate wager button? This button would be a required selection by BOTH players before the match could start.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 2:20 PM

Interesting ideas to level the playing field... we will discuss them with the team. Thanks

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 3:30 PM
    not sure it's real fair to be playing from 2 different sets of tees. fairly obvious some people go out of thier way not to make master status, when the play on the course suggests otherwise.
    1,644 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 6:24 PM

You would obviously need to do your own homework on the individual that you are going to play.  That is why the odds would need to be mutually agreed upon and not some computer calculated value.  It's akin to poker, the best players don't only know the odds, they know their opponents.

• PAGES
RSS