Help › Forums

Spin rating and trajectory

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 18 2011 6:38 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • joofcorn
    188 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 5:24 PM

Its getting to the time where I am looking at replacing my current set of burner plus irons (which suck) and have been looking at the R9 and G10 irons as I will be a high enough level to get them soon.  Since their forgiveness, meter speed, and distance is about the same, I have been looking at the spin and trajectory.

This lead me to the question of does the spin rating take into account the trajectory of the club?  Because if the spin rating is independent of trajectory, I will almost definitely be waiting for the G10's as the trajectory would make up for the difference in spin, leaving the only disadvantage the loss of half a point in forgiveness.  Any help from people that have experience with one or both club sets would be great, thanks.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 6:44 PM

I have used both sets and i decided the G10's were best suited to me. The higher trajectory, slightly longer 3i and higher precision is what led me to favour the G10's.

• RickyJohndrew
    26 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 8:31 PM

trajectory is a lot in this game.  I've never witnessed G10s first hand, but i sure have second hand.  The high trajectory more than makes up for the spin, IMO

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 9:56 PM

I can't speak for the R9s but I recently upgraded to the G-10s from the Rapture lvl 48? Irons and I can say that their stopping power is what my game was missing more than anything.  They aren't nearly as forgiving as the Raptures, but as soon as I got the dinger/meter difference down, I am well pleased with them.  I certainly would recommend the G-10s to anyone looking to buy a new set of irons.  I assume the OP was talking about the lvl 61s when I say this..

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 2:21 AM

I recently upgraded to the G10 irons. Use a good ball like a srixon or callaway and even you 3-iron stops dead. More forgiving then I expected also.

• Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 5:37 AM

To answer the OP's question, I think it is simply "the higher the trajectory, the better the spin".  So medium/high traj clubs have less spin or stopping power than high traj clubs.  And also naturally the low clubs (PW, 9i ect) will have more spin than the higher clubs.

I played with the Burner Plus set upto and in the Master Tier.  I did the grind to level 59 and then bought the G10's.  Best decision.  They are a super set of irons and I used them right up to and in the Legend Tier.  Indeed, I only changed them today for Burner 2.0's after clicking over lvl 79.

I might add that those G10's of mine paid for themselves about 20 times over.  Nearly every dollar I've got in "earnings" next to my name was won with those irons at Master, Tour Master, and Legend Tier.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 6:45 AM

Ecka65:
    I think it is simply "the higher the trajectory, the better the spin".

Not really. Higher lofted clubs need less spin to stop. This is why the TMs have better spin-they need it to stop because the ball comes in lower and hotter. I played the TMs for almost 2 years before switching to the G10s. 

@the OP-IMO wait for the G10s. They will set you up nice for when you can get the Burners. They are a different game so expect a learning curve to be there.  GL

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 9:17 AM

Go for the G10 irons over the R9's. Before the Burner 2.0's came out, the G10's were the best irons in the game IMO.

• joofcorn
    188 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 1:58 PM

Well it sounds like most everyone seems to think the G10's are the way to go. Now I just have to be patient for another week or so til I level up high enough.  I was kinda hoping people would lean toward the r9's just so I wouldnt have to wait very long :-P

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 2:56 PM

SgtDoodles:

Go for the G10 irons over the R9's. Before the Burner 2.0's came out, the G10's were the best irons in the game IMO.

I dunno that I can speak to this, as I played the G10s until the Tour Burner 2.0s.  I upgraded to them from the Raptures, and I was extremely happy with them.  Funny, in the R9 vs. G10 conversation, consensus seems to be that the G10 irons are better, but most I have heard say that when it comes to the drivers, the R9 is the way to go.

• PAGES
RSS